2. 2. Vote for you favourite SCORE franchise

• Star Wars
    • Harry Potter
    • The Lord of the Rings
    • James Bond
    • Star Trek
    • Indiana Jones
    • Other (specify)

Yes the script is the biggest problem with movies 3-8 for me. They left out too many things that would have explained the story SO much better.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't seen the final three movies. I wonder if I ever will. Their disjointed hodge-podge design lacks any sense of forward momentum which leaves me with no urge or desire to see what happens next. That, and Ralph Fiennes is a rubbish panto villain. The nameless one my arse. Where are the scares?

Wow good one! For me Star Wars and Star Wars. Even though the prequels made this one difficult! Prior to the prequels it would have been a no brainer although Indiana Jones is very close. Although you forgot to add Twilight to the list......haha ( FYI -I'd rather have my eye balls plucked out by buzzards and boiled in goats milk than watch those movies)

I still haven't seen the final three movies. I wonder if I ever will. Their disjointed hodge-podge design lacks any sense of forward momentum which leaves me with no urge or desire to see what happens next. That, and Ralph Fiennes is a rubbish panto villain. The nameless one my arse. Where are the scares?

I haven't seen them either. I agree that there was a lack of momentum there. Maybe the books should have been adapted differently.

As you'll be able to tell for me, Potter.

I've been an avid reader of the books since the first one came out, and I honestly think (minus a few sub-plots) the stories were told perfectly fine.

Lotr would come next, but I think the middle of TTT drags far too long, and it's even worse in the extended cut; so I choose...

Jurassic Park. Crucify me all you want, but the first is my favorite movie of all-time, and despite my issues with TLW (at least 50% of the movie), I enjoy it. JP3 was fun too, and doesn't suffer my wrath of how awful of an adaptation it was (TLW).

Star Wars; then the matrix trilogy, then Lotr for me.

the last two films, and especially the last film, are really good.

I don't know about the last film (I have yet to see it), but Deathly Hallows Part I was awful. The "Seven Potters" scene was the only great moment in the film. The rest was boring beyond measure.

Which Potter films do you like the most?

Yup. The Potter films really don't hold up very well to repeated viewings, especially the latter ones. For me the only ones that have stood the test of time are the first 3.

I think the third one is a great adaptation. I love the tone of that film. Granted, it could have been a bit longer, but I think it's very good as an exercise of synthesis and trying to figure out the tone of the series.

He nailed the tone, but yea, they cut out WAYYYYY too much good stuff for the book.

I just don't understand why, after the huge success of the FOTR:EE in 2001, the makers of the Potter films didn't start filming tons of scenes for every movie, releasing the same shortish theatrical cuts we got, but then releasing extended versions on home video as well. I just don't get it.

Picking the overall series was much hardre than I first thought. Raiders of the Lost Ark is easily the best individual movie in consideration of all these titles, so that's hard to ignore. Temple of Doom, although not without its flaws, is vastly underrated and terrific fun. Last Crusade gets the job done, though the series had run out of steam a tad by that point.

Picking the overall series was much hardre than I first thought. Raiders of the Lost Ark is easily the best individual movie in consideration of all these titles, so that's hard to ignore. Temple of Doom, although not without its flaws, is vastly underrated and terrific fun. Last Crusade gets the job done, though the series had run out of steam a tad by that point.

It's remarkable that they kept bothering to pump new ideas into the third film anyway. A fourth film was always going to have the most serious problem of being repetitive after everything that's on the first three.

He nailed the tone, but yea, they cut out WAYYYYY too much good stuff for the book.

I just don't understand why, after the huge success of the FOTR:EE in 2001, the makers of the Potter films didn't start filming tons of scenes for every movie, releasing the same shortish theatrical cuts we got, but then releasing extended versions on home video as well. I just don't get it.

They did film longer cuts, they just won't release them. OOTP originally ran 3 hours.