Jurasic Park: The Game

Luke Skywalker

This new videogame claims to have 10 tracks by JW from JP. Having some action levels... it could be a possibility that the Jeep chase music or other action cues maybe in it?

Webstite at: http://www.jpthegame.com/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is what that stalker was trying to get from Spielberg.  All those video tapes of JW conducting.

You seem to know an awful lot about that stalker, stewdog1, if that even is your real name. :)

Neil

I saw the trailer and played the demo. That game is THE game for JP. Amazing.

Well the demo has the JP theme (JW) and the Dinosur Fly-By (Don Davis-JW) it also has new composed music (with an orchestra) based in Williams/davis, it sound well and fitting ;)

Does that game make use of all the features of the Geforce 4 or is just some cheap game using it's subject to sell it.

Does that game make use of all the features of the Geforce 4 or is just some cheap game using it's subject to sell it.

Well i think it IS the definitive Jurassic Park Game. When i saw the demo i was atonished.

If you have enough computer try it, of not, try the trailer:

Just see that water! and the dino's movements

Trailer: http://www.jpdatabase.net/games/s_pg/JP_Tr...ailer_Small.mpg

Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/news_DemoBJurass...rkOperati.shtml

I think it's worth a try.

I'm looking forward to this JP meets Tycoon/Sim style game as much as the next guy, but I think the best JP game ever was probably the earliest Jurassic Park computer game, made back in like 1994 by Ocean. Does anyone remember it?

You played as Alan Grant and the game began right after the T-Rex broke out of its paddock, flipped the car, the kids ran off, and everything started going to heck. It then progressed through five levels of Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Gallimimus, and Brachiosaurus paddocks and Pterodromes in a top down action-style game, and ended with four levels of first-person action (like Doom) where you have to get the power back on and shoot Velociraptors. It was really well done graphically for the time and the music was top-notch for a video game. Not Williams, but that's why you can listen to CDs. The plotline took a lot from the book as well as the movie, which is why the Pterodrome and Stegosaurs played such a big part of the game.

Plus the game was nonlinear to a point. There are two ways to get through the Gallimimus level, one that gets you away from the T-Rex quickly, and the other is a little more courageous, but I could never do it. Additionally, navigating through the river and Pterodrome could have you going in circles just enjoying the scenery and exploring Jurassic Park.

I haven't played it for at least seven years, since it has issues when trying to run on computers with Windows 95 or higher, and even then it won't work with sound or runs very slow, defeating the point of the game.

Just wondering if anyone ever heard of it or played it, a truly great game from back in the day before Windows 95 and beyond forced us to build legacy machines just to play our favorites.

Well i've heard of it and starved for years to get it but i couldnt. Managed to get a Nintendo version but it didnt work well.

Well that can be the best action game of JP but i think a JP game that lets you build the park as long as have some action in perfect

Do you know you can create your own Isla Sorna to let loose the dinos and see how they interact?

I d/l'ed the demo and looked at it, it looks pretty sweet graphically, and just the nostalgic appeal of having your own dinosaurs run around is pretty cool, too. I hope it's significantly different from the Zoo Tycoon with the dinosaurs expansion, more like a cross between SimLife and Zoo Tycoon, with a bit of Roller Coaster Tycoon thrown in for good measure.

The JP license and score are major aces up its sleeve.

Now if only Sid Meier's Firaxis Games would get their Dinosaur game project back on track....

Was I logged in that time?

I sure hope so.

Yeah, my feelings too Darth Wojo. It's nice to see dinosaur's running around naturally rather than eating people even though it's just a game. The graphics are nothing new, but makes good use of enironment mapping for the water.

Thanks, Morn. I beat the demo the other day this week when I shoulda been writing a paper. Once I realized that I didn't need to worry about conserving ammo while flying the helicopter mission taking out the carnivores....well, then, it was on, and I beat it with like a minute to spare. With the other mission, it was just fun to drive around in a landspeeder, do donuts in the grass, run over gallimimus and raptors**, and see how many T-rex's and cacharodontosaurs i could have chase me at once -- four, I think, and those guys don't give up. One of the really neat parts was actually driving UNDER the tail of one of the big theropods, which means they're not just simple sprites that have this imaginary "buffer zone" around them that you can't hit, like in all those old Nintendo games where you swear you didn't hit the bad guy, but you die anyways. The graphics were pretty decent, considering I'm running XP on a P3 500 MHz with only a GeForce2 64 MB DDR, but the borders of bodies of water seemed to be too dependent on 90 degree angles. I didn't like the fact that something was screwy on the demo that made spinning the mouse wheel crash the program, but that happened to me in Civ2 as well, so I can fix it. Some of the graphics were choppy, but that's to be expected in a demo.

The nice part of the game is that you build what amounts to your "city" -- your buildings, roads, fences, and mold the landscape, then put your dinosaurs into it -- and then you can fly a chopper or drive the landspeeder through it (i believe it's a Toyota, if I remember the book, might've been the movie). I drool at what could happen if you could do the same thing in games like SimCity or RollerCoaster Tycoon, to build your little world and then jump into it and move around, or even the inverse with a game like Grand Theft Auto 3, which lets you drive around the city, if it'd come with a world editor where you could make your own city to drive around in.

** Yes, I'm that kind of computer game player who, in Half-Life, after the scientists or security guards opened the door for you and could follow you no further, I'd kill them with my crowbar just for gits and shiggles. I know I'm horrible, but it's a game and it's not real.