Moments That Changed The Movies: Jurassic Park

filmmusic

I thought that this deserved its own thread, instead of being lost in the youtube videos thread.

A really good short documentary about how Jurassic Park was a landmark film in the use of its special effects.

I admit now that I see some shots, i didn't know they were CGI, and still it looks much more real than CGI of today!

I don't know why...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remarkable, how utterly rosy they paint the story.

Spaz almost lost his job. If he weren't so damn good, he would have. The switch to CGI crushed Tippett enough that he ended up in the hospital.

Jurassic Park was not some "kumbaya my lord" production.

Spaz is the guy with the mohawk. Nearly lost his job over the "who cares if they say no, let's do this anyway to see what it looks like, oh let me throw it up on the screens while the suits are visiting even though I'm not supposed to" story portrayed in the video.

I don't think I've seen a film since 1993 with CGI work as good as JURASSIC PARK's. It still holds up well today, although the film itself isn't great.

I credit JURASSIC PARK for my nearly life-long crush on Laura Dern.

A466516EDA8F2D411236B82A3E4F.jpg

Phil Tippett's daughter went to school with me. Her thesis project was a documentary on her father. Pretty interesting. Friendly girl, too.