AI is incredible!!

I tell ya...I've listened to almost everything that Williams has written over the last 40 years and there's something in "AI" that haunts me like nothing else he's written.

My favorite moment happens on track 8 Monica's Theme at the 7:30 mark where the vocals double the string melody. So beautiful...

Also the minimalist stuff sounds so fresh and inventive I am truly in awe of Williams seemily endless talent. Spectacular!

What do you think??

jedijim

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course if you trade for a copy of the 2 c.d.promo or a DVD rip with even some more music,that's even better.

K.M.

A.I. is a wonderful score, extremely moving. And Justin, I only recently got the promo (thanks Markus!) and I love the Strauss reference too.

Ray Barnsbury

I agree too,and a lot of people here,since it made the JWfan.net top 10 of all time

K.M.

I don't remember it being on the top ten list. But of course I agree, as well. (I do remember putting A.I. as number 1 on my list...)

A.I. is a wonderful score, extremely moving.  And Justin, I only recently got the promo (thanks Markus!) and I love the Strauss reference too.

Ray Barnsbury

you have the promo?! lucky lucky!

Ted, who thinks the film version of the Blue Fairy music is one of Williams' absolute finest moments if not the finest

Yes...I like AI mucho bueno!

BTW...how the hell did "For Always" NOT win the academy award for "Best Song" in 2001. Was it even nominated???

With the crap that *is* modern "pop" music out there, JW's contribution to this abyssmal field went unnoticed by the general public, and that is indeed sad! "For Always" is one of the few songs (with words) that have been written recently that I can actually stand - indeed, I honestly love it. But then again, it was written by the maestro, and not a pre-packaged market-oriented sack of crap!

BTW...how the hell did "For Always" NOT win the academy award for "Best Song" in 2001.  Was it even nominated???

The song wasn't written for the film, only for the album, so coulnd't get nominated.

Must you always focus on the negative? :|  

Justin -Who thinks Rogue is starting to sound like Captain Panaka. ;)

:)

And Justin, I only recently got the promo.....

Ray Barnsbury

:angry:

Anyway, it is a great score. One of the few scores to bring a tear to my eye when listening to it for the first time. When Barbara Bonney's voice sails through the end credits of the film, I felt the connection.

And though many people say that music accompanying the capture of the runaway mechas is not good, it always blows my mind.

I agree too,and a lot of people here,since it made the JWfan.net top 10 of all time

Actually A.I. was in 14th position:

11. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, 1977, 260pts, 50 votes

12. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, 1989, 211pts, 44 votes

13. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 2001, 190pts, 43 votes

14. A.I. Artificial Intelligence, 2001, 181pts, 43 votes

15. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 146pts, 35 votes.

For those interested, the JWFAN top 10 can be found on the main page (right column, below Upcoming Events, Concert Dates and Recent Interviews), along with links to the original thread where Joe posted the results and the big thread with all the individual Top 10 lists.

Yes, you're right. I completely forgot about that.

So,

could we see the complete list, Joe ? :P:angry:

Miguel - Eagerly waiting for that list. ;)

The piano during The Reunion always tears my heart out.

Oh, me too, above anything else in the score. Makes me veclemped!!! :cry:

Ray Barnsbury-A.I. Artificial Intelligence is neither artificial nor intelligent . . . discuss!

Must you always focus on the negative? :)  

Justin -Who thinks Rogue is starting to sound like Captain Panaka. :|

Hey I said the score was incredible didn't I?

You gotta take the good with the bad.

OH and as for sounding like Cpt. Panaka ...

I didn't say "Ahhhh but that movie is TERRIBLE ...... YOU CANNOT LISTEN TO THIS!" in pure over-the-top William Shatner style delivery now did I?