Lord of the Rings Scores Fan Club Credits Music?

BraveheartDC

Does anyone know if the music accompanying the "fan club" credits at the end of the Extended Editions are anything more than cobbled together cues from the score as presented in the films? (and complete recordings?)

It seems to me I read there's some stuff in there that never made it to the CR or OST.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe most of it is just cut and pasted.

For me, the only thing worthwhile is an alternate Breaking of the Fellowship (at the very end of the Fellowship of the Ring EE fan credits).

It was probably a bit too saccharine to use in the film, but on it's own I think it's really quite something.

There is some cutting and pasting, but it seems to use some alternate takes, such as the theatrical film version of Concerning Hobbits. It was also a nice resource for unreleased material before the CRs came along (in a similar way to the BFME files, but more cohesive).

I'm hoping the fan credit audio will be uncompressed on the blu-ray, because I'm a big fan of the alternate 'Breaking....' and the quality on the EE DVD is horrendous (really low bitrate).

I'm hoping the fan credit audio will be uncompressed on the blu-ray, because I'm a big fan of the alternate 'Breaking....' and the quality on the EE DVD is horrendous (really low bitrate).

Really? What bit rate is it at? Obviously the entire audio track is compressed, but are you saying the fan credit audio is more compressed than soundtrack for the rest of the film? This would seem unlikely....but interesting (and disappointing) if true.

I agree w/ you about the alternate "Breaking"...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a collection of theatrical versions, alternates, and instrumentals of cues (and there are some suites i created too) if anybody wants it PM me

on the collection are these three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X3dKxJZbX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fG6sX9Gt9o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdEhrqmYbfA&feature=related (though in better quality then heard here)

the original has drums and choir while the alternate version i posted has horns in place of the choir and some of the other instruments sound different.

The film version also has very loud drums, while on the Complete Recordings, they are quieter - but it's still the same drums. Like I said, it's the mix.

I was listening to the official track, and there are horns, as well as trombones.

You said it, it *sounds* different because there is no choir, and in the official mix, the orchestra was toned down in favour of the choir, but it's still the same orchestration.

The version you put up on youtube doesn't have a leading voice - naturally, because the choir would eventually be layered on top.

Yeah...that's just the orchestra backing, the chords and texture. The only melody there is taken up by that solo trumpet, which I admit was nice to hear on it's own. But that is in no way an alternate.