Would anyone agree with me on this....?

Trent B

Okay here's my line of thinking...in 1998 Star Wars Ep I came out, and before the movie came out they released the Original Soundtrack...in 1999 when the year anniversary rolled around they a few months later announced the release of the Ultimate Edition for Ep I's music and indeed in fall of 1999 they released it. Now in 2002 just before Ep II is released in March they released the OST...and with tomorrow being the year anniversary for Ep II's release of not only the movie but the soundtrack do you think it maybe possible that Sony will announce a release of the Ultimate Edition for Ep II this fall? I think the reason why they're saying they won't release it a denial of a relase for the Ultimate Edition because people know they'll follow the same pattern they did for Ep I's Ultimate Edition release....so does anyone agree with me?

Trent

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope so. As to whether they will follow the exact same pattern as Episode 1, is something that remains doubtful for the near future. But, eventually, history will repeat itself and AotC: The Ultimate Edition will be a fact.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Yes you're right history does tend to repeat itself...I know I'm gonna be keeping an eye on borders website this summer to see if there's an announcment of the release for the UE of Ep II. But I hope so too that they will follow the same pattern as they did for Ep I's release....if they do god I'll buy 3 of the 2 disc sets that way when I use one cd too much from playing over and over again I can go to the next set :)

Trent

No...the UE for Ep I was released in fall of 99....and the OST for Ep II was released last year March of 2002...and the OST for Ep I was released a few days before the movie was released in 98.

I'm really pretty sure the TPM UE was released in November 2000. And even more sure that TPM came out in 1999. May 19, 1999.

Look here on JWFAN.net if you look at the Complete Scores Reviews and Analysis page and scroll down to Star Wars for the UE it says 1999

Trent

Okay here's my line of thinking...in 1998 Star Wars Ep I came out, and before the movie came out they released the Original Soundtrack...in 1999 when the year anniversary rolled around they a few months later announced the release of the Ultimate Edition for Ep I's music and indeed in fall of 1999 they released it.  

The first soundtrack release of Episode I was released on May 4, 1999. The "Ultimate Edition" was announced on August 20, 2000 and released on November 14, 2000.

with tomorrow being the year anniversary for Ep II's release of not only the movie but the soundtrack do you think it maybe possible that Sony will announce a release of the Ultimate Edition for Ep II this fall?

I doubt it very much.

I think the reason why they're saying they won't release it a denial of a relase for the Ultimate Edition because people know they'll follow the same pattern they did for Ep I's Ultimate Edition release....so does anyone agree with me?

I think they said there were no plans because... there are no current plans to release a new soundtrack for Episode II.

Look here on JWFAN.net if you look at the Complete Scores Reviews and Analysis page and scroll down to Star Wars for the UE it says 1999

That's because for every score I post the year in which the movie was released, not the CD.