Saturday Night at the Movies Playlists

Bespin

I love Andrew Collins's playlists he makes for his saturday's broadcast at Classic FM.  I reproduce some of them in Spotify (because they are too idiot to do it themselves it appears!).

I try whenever it's possible to chose the exact versions for each track, but, rarely, very rarely, it's not always possible because Spotify don't always have everything.

Two weeks ago, Collins ended a series of 5 shows about "Iconic Film Scores". So here they are!

Enjoy (and follow me!)

Those playlists are great, geez, plz show that you listen other composers than just Williams, Goldsmith and Horner. Mercy!

On 12/16/2019 at 3:08 AM, Bespin said:

Those playlists are great, geez, plz show that you listen other composers than just Williams, Goldsmith and Horner. Mercy!

It's also useful to listen to things that are not just over-familiar 'evergreens', like 90% of the titles on those playlists.

Here's the latest one, enjoy!

I would not be surprised if this guy Collins, would actually be in this forum with us ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Do any Andrew Collins fans know why he left Classic FM?

I was sad to hear Jonathan Ross presenting instead, he doesn't bring half the charisma or knowledge. And once I realised, Andrew's last show was no longer available to listen again.

On top of the move from 5-7pm slot to the 7-9pm slot (swap cooking dinner time for baby bedtime and my own vegging infront of the TV), this show is now as unattractive as it was before Collins came on.