Video Game Concert in Europe!

Kradia

There will be a BIG Game Music Concert in Leipzig, Germany on 08 / 20 / 03!!! It seems Uematsu-san and Koshiro-san are going!

They feature Final Fantasy, Shenmue ( OMG :sigh: you lucky bastards) , Medal of Honor, Mafia, Splinter Cell, Primal AND ticket prices around 5 EUR for students!!

Here are the links.

http://www.gamesconvention.de

AND

http://www.music4games.net/n_gc2003concert...nouncement.html

I am jealous.......

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've myself conducted in Paris videogame music. But it was in a mixed program and was never aknowledge as the first videogame concert, but... anyway...

A "friend" (notice the qoutes on friend)keeps bugging me to ask you guys who wrote the music from ZELDA.

;) Williams The Reivers

Burgess Meredith, narrator

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

All Zelda's game music was written by Koji Kondo (who's also the composer of Mario's music)

All Zelda's game music was written by Koji Kondo (who's also the composer of Mario's music)

I've always wondered who did the Mario music! I really didn't think Koji did it anyway. The japanese VG-composers are masters, too bad they don't do some filmscores as well :-/

Czech Shymphonic Orchestra will also perform in Leipzig the scores of Headhunter and its sequel, composed by Richard Jacques (composer of Jet Set Radio Future too).

Oh, Kradia, Shenmue's theme, with those chinese fiddle, is one of the most beautiful themes i've ever heard.

Medal of Honor, Mafia, neat. :) I'm afraid I don't know many of the other games or their music.

UPDATE: Concert Program is up!

It looks like you're getting Kondo's Zelda too. (........you lucky.....bastards...)

http://www.leipziger-messe.de/gc/gamesmusic_eng.shtml

:cry: i want to go......

coughanybody going?cough

Hey Scissorhands, the best track on that Orchestra cd was Track 5, Waves in a morning Haze. It's so beautiful.....it reminds me of Across the Stars when I hear it.

Wow, they're even playing Hülsbeck. Though I do wonder if those old synth scores by him sound right as orchestral adaptions.

Marian - who probably won't be there.

oh, man! I'd do anything to go to this concert!...i have to sit and weep because E3 didn't have their concert this year cuz they didn't feel fully prepared, BUT it's supposedly gonna be worth the wait for the 2004 concert due to have some major additions/upgrades (not really talked about anywhere that I know of) for next year. CAN'T WAIT!

Hope you guys enjoy the concert in Europe. It should be a lot of fun. ;)

Though I am from Germany, I'm not going to that concert (I wish I had time and it wouldn't be so far away).

Hopefully there will be a good recording of the whole thing... I doubt it, but I WISH it would happen...

I know that next year when E3 has their big video game orchestral concert, they're going to immediately package together a DVD of the performance with behind the scenes extras and a CD release as well as a Pay-Per-View special so anyone in the world can watch it live!

What I'm thinking is that I'd be surprised if they didn't at least record the Germany concert for some kind of CD release in the future. They'd almost be foolish not to, cuz I'd buy it, wouldn't you? :)