Across The Stars on Samurai Jack

banthapoodoo

I was watching "Samurai Jack" with my son last night and we were both suprised to hear a direct quote of the "Across the Stars" theme from AOTC. He was fighting some sort of Lava/Rock monster and the theme was very prominent. Did anyone else hear it? Is this common? How was James Venable (composers) able to do this without being sued?

My son informs me that the episode was older, so please forgive me if this was brought up in the distant past. :oops:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a coincidence. This episode (episode X - Jack and the Lava Monster) originally aired on November 10th 2001. :cool:

Funny I've seen that episode several times and have never noticed.

I can just picture Williams sitting in his recliner each night and tuning in to Samurai Jack.

If the music was redubbed it was likely ok'd by Lucasfilm as the man responsible for Samurai Jack is producing the Clone Wars cartoon shorts for Cartoon Network.

well anyways, i thought, the clone war cartoon are going to last one hour or a little more. Why dont they hire someone to arrange Williams music (or even Williams himself...)

I mean creating music to 5 min shorts has to be easy...

I've heard they "tested" SW music in Samurai Jack to see the reaction of the audience and how they would cope with already-composed JW music in the Clone Wars cartoon. Some action piece are too locked in the real-movie situation, they don't know if it would be appropriate to let's say, use "Here they come!" for a different situation in the Clone Wars cartoons.