"Tribute To Jerry Goldsmith" Bootleg

A24

It's probably just the bootleg from the Tribute to Jerry Goldsmith private CD from the Society for the Preservation of Film Music that I'm able to buy in my secret little cozy shop and unfortunately not the original which is regarded as the most expensive and collectible film CD ever. Does anyone know if this bootleg is worth anything?

:) I thought I was going to be rich tomorrow.

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's on the CD?

The Flim-Flam Man, several tracks

Take Hard Ride, several tracks

Magic, several tracks

Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend, several tracks

----------------

Alex Cremers

I've been looking for a copy of that Goldsmith Tribute for a long time.I'll trade you if you can make me a copy.

K.M.who can now make any cdr he feels like from his collection

This is probably a bootleg edition of the SPFM dinner exclusive CD. Since The Flim-Flam Man, Take a Hard Ride and Magic have been released in their entirety by FSM and the Varese CD club, the CD has dropped in value considerably. The only commercially unavailable tracks are those from Baby.

I bought it anyway because it was cheap. There are not too many of these babies floating around so if I sell it I would probably still make a profit. I'm going to check whether it's real or not by writing to Filmtracks. (there, I already did) I will let you know.

Hector,

I've seen The Blue Max Suite on a CD today. I don't know what you mean.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I know of three Blue Max suite recordings: One on the Silva City of Prague Goldsmith compilation, one with Goldsmith conducting the London Philharmonic on the Suites and Themes album and it's re-release by Silva, and the best one with Goldsmith conducting the LSO as recorded live in concert by a certain Nerys fan.

Marian - who was at that concert. ;)

:) Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)

The major visible difference between the official SPFM tribute CD and the bootleg is the gold star in the top right corner. If it overlaps the picture of Goldsmith slightly, then it's genuine. If it's slightly to the right of the picture, it's one of the fakes.

It's a Faaaakkke!!!!! Blast, the gold star isn't overlapping. Ah well, win a few, loose a few... It was cheap anyways. (I keep telling myself)

----------------

Alex Cremers

I´ve heard of this CD. BTW, anyone knows from certain recording of The Blue Max Suite that is not available on any CDs  ;)   You know what I mean  ;)

:) Tuba Concerto (Johnny boy)

It's a great performance, you can find details about that concert "release" on this site.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scorecovers/

Stefancos- ;)