HARRY POTTER I Long Version update (SPOILERS)

hips

As of this moment, "Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone" is now airing on the East Coast over ABC at the "doom hour". You guys keep count on how many times the phrase "we'll return after these messages" is mentioned.

Anyway, one viewer has already noted that the deleted scene where Petunia is dying Dudley's old uniform to fit Harry has been restored to the broadcast.

If anyone who is now watching the telecast can spot any more, this is the thread to mention it for the sake of viewers on the West Coast.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By now, they should be at the part where they hold the banquet. Peeves probably should be inserted at this point, unless he remains cut from the film.

Grood, I liked that scene. It's like 5 seconds long, but I don't care.

A lot of people have been specualting whether it will have more than just the deleted scenes from the DVD. I'm doubting it a lot, as much as I'd like to see Rick Myall and his Peeves it ain't gonna happen. But, as the movie is on right now all the way over there I don't know...

Why so muh problem with the "we'll be right back" thing? It's TV, you can watch the DVD if you don't want to hear that.

Because this is airing at the "doom hour", 7:00 PM/6:00 PM Central, a time slot reserved for family and news programs...and usually an event like this can get trounced on by CBS' "60 Minutes".

I heard new PoA WILLIAMS music!I heard new PoA WILIAMS music!.Somekind of playfull woodwind theme during the kids interview.

K.M.

Why so muh problem with the "we'll be right back" thing? It's TV, you can watch the DVD if you don't want to hear that.

Because this is airing at the "doom hour", 7:00 PM/6:00 PM Central, a time slot reserved for family and news programs...and usually an event like this can get trounced on by CBS' "60 Minutes".

Yes, I read that. So what? I mean, they could have aired the movie with no extra footage, and people, even owning the DVD would have still watched. And if it's like you say "doom hour" reserved for family, among other stuff, isn't a Harry Potter movie a family film?

I heard new PoA WILLIAMS music!I heard new PoA WILIAMS music!.Somekind of playfull woodwind theme during the kids interview.  

K.M.

I posted the same thing minutes ago but in a different thread. :mrgreen: SO EXCITED!

Yeah,i have to listen to it again because i'm taping it,but it wasn't some vague synthy sounding stuff like the trailer.That was Williams!

K.M.

Craps,i'm watching Survivor!But i taped it.We'll need to make MP3's of this

K.M.

I'm not going to have any new music ruined for me by television-broadcast quality snippets.

We won't get any of this in the UK!

I hope that anyone who has taped it all will convert it into Qucktime and make it available for us UK fans.

On a happier bote though, we get PoA from the 31st May. *Chuckle*

YUP i'm excited. This film will be brilliant the images i've seen in that ten minute preview is just ...... superb, words can't describe. This films does look different in my eyes now.

Hey maybe we'll hear some bit of the new PoA score during the preview!Actually it's quite probable as the scoring must be completed by now.

K.M.

K.M.Who was right(as usual)

Hahahah, you all sound so funny! Whoa! Rush here! Excitement there!

At least you can hear it/watch it. :mrgreen:

Magical_Me - Who wonders for how much longer the subject of new Williams music in the previewwill be spread over several topics...

YUP i'm excited. This film will be brilliant the images i've seen in that ten minute preview is just ...... superb, words can't describe. This films does look different in my eyes now.

Good for you! :mrgreen:

Is anyone able to post all of this somewhere?  Or make it available for download?

Please?

But your the TimeLord,can't you just conjure it on your PC?

K.M.

OKay, www.thesnitch.net/site have a downloadable verison for Windows Media Player, and soon QuickTime.

I'm currently downloading it, 1 hour 21 minutes remaining... Smelly dial-up...

To wrap this all up now...

First off, no, we did not hear those dreadful words "we'll return after these messages" once during the telecast (I think it was because the show was sponsored).

Anyway, the version we got to see last night was actually the extended version with all the DVD deleted scenes restored to film context. Although it was reported that 20 minutes were restored by Chris Columbus, the additions totaled no more than 8 minutes, so there wasn't anything restored that we had not seen, so sadly, we did not get to see Peeves the poltergeist.

I don't know if the extended film makes any difference, but hopefully the intersitials do in case you guys want to make a DVD-R or VHS for yourselves.

That puts a wrap on things.

I just watched the preview. Can't wait for this film. That shot of the Dementors swarming down on the trio looked awesome! And did these kids grow up, or what? You could definately see a difference between PS and CoS, but here it gets even more obvious.

Can't wait for the score either. :music:

- Marc

Too promotional for me, but the kids were very good and natural looking, and just seeing that cast makes my mouth water.

So hips, you watched the entire broadcast and can confirm that:

1> There was *no* new footage re-instated into the film that wasn't already on the dvd

and

2> *All* of the deleted scenes from the dvd were back in the film

?

I found the answer to my question.... From another board (www.dvdtalk.com/forum):

two of the deleted scenes actually featured more footage than what is seen on the DVD, these include:  

Hagrid's line to the woman on the subway - "What are you looking at?"

Snape's Class is extended to include Harry telling Snape to "ask Hermione since she obviousily knows the answer", Snape retorts that 5 points will be taken away from their house for Harry being "cheeky"

i taped it the music is great. . and i can't wait for double trouble. that better come out for chorus soon.

2> *All* of the deleted scenes from the dvd were back in the film

?

Who cares,i mean about 5 people in the entire world were able to access the deleted scenes on the DVD

K.M.

Hmm, the Australian release of the DVD had Hagrid's line to the woman and Snapes extended scene. Unless I misinterpereted that post, the US version mustn't have those scenes on it.