Will Indy IV be a Paramount film?

If Roger Ebert is correct, and Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade is an hommage to boys' adventure magazines of the 1940s (like Raiders was an hommage to the old serisals, and TOD to the old 50's B films) then such things might be valid.

Off course that doesn't mean you have to like them.

There is a certain style of illustration that appeared in the boys' adventure magazines of the 1940s - in those innocent publications that have been replaced by magazines on punk lifestyles and movie monsters. The illustrations were always about the same. They showed a small group of swarthy men hovering over a treasure trove with greedy grins on their bearded faces, while in the foreground, two teenage boys peered out from behind a rock in wonder and astonishment. The point of view was always over the boys' shoulders; the reader was invited to share this forbidden glimpse of the secret world of men.

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" begins with just such a scene; director Steven Spielberg must have been paging through his old issues of Boys' Life and Thrilling Wonder Tales, down in the basement. As I watched it, I felt a real delight, because recent Hollywood escapist movies have become too jaded and cynical, and they have lost the feeling that you can stumble over astounding adventures just by going on a hike with your Scout troop

Roger Ebert's Indy 3 review 1989 CORRECTED LINK!

Stefancos- who did not notice, and was therefore not bothered by the tie, untill Ricard mentioned yesterday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well many people in USA are called xxxx xxxx Junior

Of course. But that would be Henry Jr., or Henry Jones Jr. Not that "Junior!" that made him look like a schoolboy (along with the tie).

Yeah, that was a good joke :mrgreen:

I liked the tie.....

I also think all three of the Indy movies are equally excellent. I have absolutely NO complaints about any of them.

I hope that they have the Paramount logo at the beginning then a dissolve to something that looks like it, just so that all four of the movies will start similarly.

NP: Minority Report

What is this joke you all are talking about?

~Harry

Young Indy having a tie and being named Junior.

Hey i just saw the movie today (last crusade) Indy does not wear the tie in the end :mrgreen: i think he leaves it before the Tank thing :)

Luke, who thinks that the only part Ricard likes is the end (because he has not tie)

What is this joke you all are talking about?

~Harry

Young Indy having a tie and being named Junior.

Is this supposed to be a funny joke? I don't get it.

~Harry

I just noticed that Dr Henry Jones Junior Wears ties like any other person. See the end of Raiders and the beggining (in class), the beggining of Doom, and the dinner at the palace from Doom, And as teacher, and the tie in Crusade.

Well many people in USA are called xxxx xxxx Junior

Of course. But that would be Henry Jr., or Henry Jones Jr. Not that "Junior!" that made him look like a schoolboy (along with the tie).

Henry Jones Senior seems the kind of person of telling hi son that way

Too bad.

About the tie, well in that years they wore them

Of course, but Indiana Jones??? C'mon! LOL

:mrgreen:

I just noticed that Dr Henry Jones Junior Wears ties like any other person. See the end of Raiders and the beggining (in class), the beggining of Doom, and the dinner at the palace from Doom, And as teacher, and the tie in Crusade.

Yes, I noticed that 20 years ago. And it's perfectly OK for me. That's Dr. Jones' character.

But Indiana Jones... C'mon!!! Unless, of course, you agree that Superman should wear his red & blue suite along with his Clark Kent Glasses and, why not? his tie! LOL

I just noticed that Dr Henry Jones Junior Wears ties like any other person. See the end of Raiders and the beggining (in class)' date=' the beggining of Doom' date=' and the dinner at the palace from Doom, And as teacher, and the tie in Crusade.[/quote'']

Yes, I noticed that 20 years ago. And it's perfectly OK for me. That's Dr. Jones' character.

But Indiana Jones

Well you know, untill The Last Crusade, everybody supposed his real name was Indiana Jones.... so it makes inidy always in the 2 movies... :mrgreen:

And damnit, he just forgot to tear it away.... and at last he did in the end...

Well you know, untill The Last Crusade, everybody supposed his real name was Indiana Jones...

Sure, but you can see the difference between Dr. Jones and Indiana Jones in Raiders and TOD, right? :roll:

Well you know, untill The Last Crusade, everybody supposed his real name was Indiana Jones...

Sure, but you can see the difference between Dr. Jones and Indiana Jones in Raiders and TOD, right? :roll:

As i do in Crusade. Just i think a Tie cannot kill a character, unless it is a TIE Fighter, and the character is, for example Biggs Darklighter :mrgreen:

he only forgot to leave it, you know he wear indy's hat when he is disguissed as Dr. Jones. You don't think it killing for him, right?

Just i think a Tie cannot kill a character

It 'helped' a lot, honestly.

Anyway, you're happy with the tie and I think it's ridiculous and pathethic.

You (and I believe most fans) see the real Indiana Jones in TLC. I just see a stupid clown.

Sorry! :mrgreen: