Does PoA have to many trailers and previews?

King Mark

Aren't movies usually more carefull about showing too much footsge?I feel i've seen a part of every scene now,Aunt Marge,TheDementors,Buckbeak,The Knight Bus,Quidditch,The Thomping Willow...ect...Will this ruin the movie?I mean even ultra hyped movies like Star Wars and LotR only have a few shots from trailers...

K.M.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think WB expects the typical viewer to have seen all of these trailers and tv spots. It's your choice whether or not you watch these behind-the-scenes shows. And maybe you've seen a couple frames of scenes spread throughout the movie, but that hardly means whole scenes have been ruined.

In one preview there's Harry approaching Buckbeak,then Buckbeak spreading his wings,in another trailer Harry mounting Buckbeak and taking off,in another Buckbeak soaring over the trees,and on top of this assorted shots of Buckbeak flying....It feels I could edit these togheter and recreate the entire sequence.

I watched the LotR previews/making of and they never showed nearly as much.The Two Towers preview/making-of kept us watching 1 hour through crappy self congratulatory cast and crew interviews and only showed a bit of an unimportant scene at the end.

K.M.Who was only watching these to catch a glimpse of the music.

There's been way, way too many. I stopped looking for or watching trailers for POA a long time ago. I just got boring and tedious to see basically the same stuff over and over. But there are websites that put up videos everytime HP is mentioned on the local news. Someone on TV could just randomly yell, "Harry Potter!" and 2 hours later it'll be on Mugglenet. So some saturation is to be expected.

But there are so many movies nowadays that fall into the trap of showing almost everything in the trailers just to get people to watch. When's the last time you saw, for example, a big budget, big effects disaster type movie and could pick out a big effects shot that wasn't in a trailer? Even Return of the King had almost everything in the trailer.

each and everyone of them makes me want to see the movie more, so NO.

Well,there's a bunch of new PoA movie clips that poped up in the past few days,and I kept away from them this time.But maybe it won't ruin anything,i was worried I saw to many effects of Day After Tommorow,and it turned out not so.

K.M.

Even Return of the King had almost everything in the trailer.

Excuse me, but the RotK king trailer had almost nothing from the big scenes of the film.

I've just had a thought, are there any scenes from the trailers that are missing from the movie? Because there was big chunks on the LotR trailers that never made it to the theatrical releases, and a few shots from CoS that weren't even in the deleted scenes (such as Crabbe and Goyle being dragged into a broom cupboard).

No, i'm sure the other movies had the same amount of international trailers and variations of the U.S. trailer it probably wasn't available to us.