Music makes the movie

Figo

IMHO I think SpaceCamp was a movie that was elevated by the score. I saw it as a child and was taken away by everything. Then I saw it when I was older and thought it was actually a fairly corny story but the music still gave it some maturity and adult appeal -This could of course just be bias becuase it was a Williams score. Who knows :?:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was re-arranging my cds this weekend and came across Somewhere In Time. The movie is a corny time-traveling romance with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, but the music is glorious! The John Barry score is lush and romantic and is enriched by the equally romantic Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini by Rachmaninoff. The music lifts the movie to such a degree that I am able to put aside the plot implausibility and am drawn in to the magic of the moment.

:) Somewhere In Time

I completely agree, Mari. Somewhere in Time is a deeply moving score, one of my favorites. John Barry is a great composer, and I also love his themes for Out of Africa, Dances with Wolves, and Born Free.

Ray Barnsbury

Hmmmm....Figo, how about Basic Instinct.

Wuthout the brilliant score ultimatly a wellmade but mediocre soft core thriller that cheats it's audience in the final scene.

Stefancos- who thinks it might be one of Goldsmith's most effective scores.