Star Trek

Lurker

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents used to have an old Dodge 300 ES that had a computer voice. Told you that the 'Door was ajar', 'Change your oil', and 'The back seat is not for nookie'.

I'm a huge TNG fan. Brent Spiner is a multi-faceted actor, very talented. (And he grew up in south Houston :-)

Last week I found the 1997 revival Broadway cast recording for the musical "1776" (about the signing of the Declaration of Independence), in which Brent Spiner played the lead role of John Adams.  

1776: The New Broadway Cast Recording

1776 Pic, Review

He's great in it, his voice is even better than the original John Adams (which was William Daniels - Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World) and it was cool to see the pictures of him in the role. Now if they had made a new video of it to go along with the revival CD.   :?  

He should do more Broadway. He can completely take on such radically different personas.  

Brent recorded a CD of Sinatra tunes, called "'Ol Yellow Eyes Is Back" (back in 1988, pretty good but wasn't as good then as in the Broadway) and get this - it's on at Amazon used for $175.00!!  :)  

And I read it's normal for it to sell well over $100 usually if you can find it.  

Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back - Brent Spiner

(How are the Shatner CD's? They sound pretty funny, especially the one with Nimoy.)

Greta - watching Willy Wonka (sad, i know, can you tell I'm bored?)

The Shatner CDs are a miserable waste of money. An assault on the ears. :D

Yellow Eyes, by contrast, is great. I waltzed into Borders 5 or 6 years ago and had them order one for me - it was $15 or something. It sells for $100???? Amazing! I really enjoyed him in Enterprise and I wish I could have seen him in 1776. I didn't know the cast album was available.... merry Christmas to me!

SeekUYoda, who hates the ending of Nemesis

Specifically which part do you speak of?

Justin

I think he means everything after the opening credits. :D

Specifically which part do you speak of?

Justin

I think he means everything after the opening credits. :)

A. I'm a "she," not a "he."

B. B-4 singing was pure cheese (or smnol?)

C. I was only interested to see the continued adventures of Data. Now that he's gone... well, that's it for me.

That's right SeekUYoda is a GIRL. Yay! :mrgreen:

Yep, now that he's gone, that's how I feel too. I did NOT like the end of Nemesis either.

But yes, the 1776 is fabulous and on Amazon, you'll love it :cool:

Too bad there's not a video, the original was adapted to video in the 70s, love it, it's a funny, entertaining, but informative piece of work.

Greta :-)

Or his memories are stored in his prototype and they just need an excuse to pop 'em out.  :mrgreen:

I can just see the cheesiness now.

C. I was only interested to see the continued adventures of Data. Now that he's gone... well, that's it for me.

He's not really gone, as long as we remember him...

But I still want to SEE him, not just remember him! It's not fair!

SeekUYoda, not bitter at all...