What if John Williams guest-starred on 'The Simpsons'?

Henry B

[simpson family walks up to John Williams at a concert.]

LISA: Look, it's legendary composer John Williams! Hello, Mr. Williams, I'm a huge fan of your work.

WILLIAMS: Thank you! It's nice that children today are taking an interest in fi--

HOMER: John Williams?! I love your Mission Impossible theme!

WILLIAMS: I didn't write that.

HOMER: What about Batman?

WILLIAMS: I didn't write that either.

HOMER: Jurassic Park..................III?

He'd probably do it if they asked him. I mean, they once got Tony Blair, J.K. Rowling, and Ian McKellan on the same show!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a part on Family Guy... well, he didn't speak, but his character was there. He had written the score for an adult film and was one of the nominees for an adult film award. It was funny because they showed the first two film composers, and the music was just that techno-funky adult music, and showed them mixing the sound. Then, when it got to John Williams, he was crossing his fingers and they showed a clip of him with the orchestra recording. The music was big and action-y. I couldn't imagine what kind of scene it was underscoring... I guess you had to be there. It was funny, though...

~Conor

He had a part on Family Guy... well, he didn't speak, but his character was there.  He had written the score for an adult film and was one of the nominees for an adult film award.  It was funny because they showed the first two film composers, and the music was just that techno-funky adult music, and showed them mixing the sound.  Then, when it got to John Williams, he was crossing his fingers and they showed a clip of him with the orchestra recording.  The music was big and action-y.  I couldn't imagine what kind of scene it was underscoring... I guess you had to be there.  It was funny, though...

~Conor

Reason enough why Family Guy is the best.

Hhehe, good one Marian.

He sort-of has been on the show. Once when Homer and Marge are watching the Boston Pops perform the SW Main Title, to Homer's disgust ("Could that bassoon have come in any later? John Williams would be rolling in his grave") and also in a more recent episode. It's the one that Flanders meets and dates a Hollywood celebrity and they watch "John Williams conducting the music from Itchy and Scratchy". Incidentally, most of that episode was underscored with parts of Debussy's Claire de Lune. Random trivia.

So yeah, it'd be nice, but I doubt people would get it. Then again I'm sick of all the references made to some American politicians and other things I don't know about.

He sort-of has been on the show. Once when Homer and Marge are watching the Boston Pops perform the SW Main Title, to Homer's disgust

If I'm not mistaken, it was the Springfield Pops.

And of course, the London Symphony Orchestra was on in an episode. "Did someone order the London Symphony Orchestra? Possibly while high? Cypress Hill, I'm looking in your direction."

Neil