ESB v. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Seth

One night recently my 15 year old brother and I were going to the movies. I had ESB playing in the car stereo. It was on the cue "Jedi Master Revealed/Mynock Cave." Anyway, there is trombone phrase in the latter half of the track. The response I got from my brother was one I don't quite know how to take-he said it was something Andrew Lloyd Webber could have written. He has recently discovered The Phantom of the Opera and says Webber is his favorite composer, albeit the only composer he really knows. So I was wondering-what do you guys think of this? I still don't quite know how to handle it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize the date difference. Maybe I am just a snob; the idea of comparing what I think is Williams' greatest achievement to a Broadway musical is a little detracting to Williams. Mind you, I am not saying Webber has no talent, but I think Williams is the more gifted composer of the two.

Lloyd Webber has composed rock songs as well as great orchestral scores, this puts him way ahead of john Williams. Like the rock guy said, real composers can compose for lyrics and cool songs too.

man thats what I am trying to say, I mean John's really not a complete composer, he's a poser.

You can hardly compare them - they are both giants in their own respective fields......ask a Lloyd Webber fan the same question and they would probably come up with the same response......

They are just both extremely good at what they do......

Greg - an ex-Phantom.....

Lloyd Webber has composed rock songs as well as great orchestral scores, this puts him way ahead of john Williams. Like the rock guy said, real composers can compose for lyrics and cool songs too.

:P

I really enjoy a lot of Webber's work, I think they're both talented.

~Sturgis