Goblet of Fire teaser trailer in theaters May 13

Damo

Hey i was just browsing the net and look what i found.

Some Harry potter news

the first teaser trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will premiere in its entirety in US theaters starting on May 13

http://www.wizardnews.com/closeup.gobletoffire.html

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i saw this on hpana.com...they're suppose to showing a "making of" then top it off with the trailer, like they did with PoA during a Philosopher's Stone airing on ABC. So i'm pretty amped about seeing it, though I wonder what music they will be using, probably recycled Williams' music from the previous scores. What d'ya think?

Tim

Well that's what they're doing during the airing of CoS, if I understand correctly.

The trailer itself will theatrically be attached to Kicking & Screaming.

I wonder what music they will be using, probably recycled Williams' music from the previous scores. What d'ya think?

Whoever put music in movie trailers from movies that john williams does, they never put john Williams's new music in it, as it always has been. Like Star Wars for instants, they alway use old star wars music from episodes 4, 5 ,6. except for some TV ad for star wars ROTS movie, they have 30 sec preview "Battle of Heroes"

I'm just saying that since Doyle hasn't composed a note of music yet for GoF, then they're kinda stuck with using familiar themes from the other films in the series.

Tim

I wonder what music they will be using, probably recycled Williams' music from the previous scores. What d'ya think?

Whoever put music in movie trailers from movies that john williams does, they never put john Williams's new music in it, as it always has been. Like Star Wars for instants, they alway use old star wars music from episodes 4, 5 ,6. except for some TV ad for star wars ROTS movie, they have 30 sec preview "Battle of Heroes"

Well, the Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Philosopher´s/Sorcerer´s Stone" featured new John Williams music AFAIK

And don#t forget the first PoA trailer... something wicked this way came.

Yeah, but wasn´t the music to the chorus a different one than the one we heard in the movie?

Didn't Williams himself compose that music specifically for the trailer? I mean, Hedwig's theme was probably already ready for the movie, but the final bit is Williams too I think. I remember reading that. First time since Hook he did something like that.

Everyone knew it would be a huge hit, so he had to advertise with greatness. Btw, in the trailer, was there a pickup note to the beginning of Hedwig's Theme or not? I thought there wasn't because I remember being surprised at it on the CD.

Is it a bad sign that the film we are all praying will be PG-13 is attatched to Kicking and Screaming? Then again, I see that happen all the time. ROTS was attatched to Robots, so . . .

~Sturgis

Didn't Williams himself compose that music specifically for the trailer? I mean, Hedwig's theme was probably already ready for the movie, but the final bit is Williams too I think. I remember reading that. First time since Hook he did something like that.

I don#t exactly get what you want to say. He did write both Hedwig's theme and SWTWC for the respective trailers.

He read the books? I thought it was called "Hedwig's Theme" because the first trailer opened with her flying over some mountains and they just kept that name. It would be cool if he read them, though.

Oh, and by the way . . .

F :)

r :)

e :)

q :wave:

u :dance:

e :joy:

n :jump:

t :ola:

:lurk::nod: 8O ;):P :cool: :):(:love: LOL ROTFLMAO :spiny: :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, what the hell --- :) (never used it before)

But this is no time for parentheses!

~Sturgis

The original trailer opened with shots of the Hogwarts Express, Harry's letter and a voice-over (either Dan Radcliffe or Richard Harris) reading the letter, didn't it? I certainly don't remember a shot of Hedwig flying over mountains.

No, Williams got inspiration from the books, and there's a quote of his where he explains about Hedwig. How she's a messenger and how the music like Hedwig brings the magic to the people in a way.

I'm too tired and lazy to look up either the quote or the teaser, though.

- Marc, off to bed. :(

P.S.: You're still labeled as "regular." :)

I think I read in article that Williams read the books with his grandchildren.

Wonder if he read them before he was assigned to the project?

Williams Jnr: "Grandad, your Hedwig's theme sucked big time!"

Williams Snr: "Why you little...."

Nearly strangles his young grandchild to the strains of Ron Goodwin's FRENZY score.