Episode III CD2

R2D271

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he refers to the Musical Journey DVD.

I just finished watching this today. The credits reveal that Shawn Murphy remixed the original recordings. And they sound quite good, IMO. That harsh edit in "The Imperial March" sounds much better. And I heard a lot of instruments I had never heard before. However, that large crash in "Luke and Leia" is still there. And they use the album edit of "Light of the Force". "The Forest Battle" sounds very good and actually has no sound FX until the very end; I'm considering ripping it and fixing the ending. On the other hand, that track is one of the best sounding ones on the album.

Light of the Force sounds the most improved to me.

k.M.

That's easily true, given the sound quality issues on the Jedi SE.

And speaking of, I took snippets of DotF from the TPM UE to create the Yoda/Sidious duel cue, and I was astonished at how well the Episode III material around it stood up, sound quality wise. The Episode III OST has great sound. Was Shawn Murphy replaced without anyone being told? ;)

Light of the Force sounds the most improved to me.

k.M.

That's easily true, given the sound quality issues on the Jedi SE.

;)

Now we know that the sound quality of Return of the Jedi CAN be improved(I mean vastly improved,not just minor differences only an audiophile with expensive equipement can tell),and it's not some master tape deterioration bullcrap.

someone really dropped the ball in 1997

K.M.