SUPERMAN RETURNS - Teaser

Todd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually surprised by the amount of footage they included, especially with early special effects. I have this perception of teasers being almost void of anything related to the final product, but yes, they did an excellent job on this one.

Tim

I'm not particularly excited about this movie, but that was an extremely well-made trailer. I loved the voice-over, but the music, of course, made it.

~Sturgis

Its just that... I have my doubts on how Ottman can equal Johnny's work if he starts using too much new material.

I mean, how can we even imagine something as good as William's "Leaving Home" ? If they don't use that thematic material, it just won't work as good. Impossible. The Flying Sequence? Impossible. Fortress of Solitude? Impossible. The whole Krypton scenes? Impossible to match Williams. Not having the Superman March when an action scenes ends and Superman saves the world and everybody's happy? It won't work.

Since the movie goes something like : First hour redoes the original first hour of Superman I... then it quotes the second part of the original and goes into a tangeant of Supes I+II/What if he had flew the earth? for the last hour... I hope they use new thematics only for the second portion of the movie, in Metropolis.

I watched the teaser just right before Varèse started announcing their titles, at 9am / midnight-- quite a nice build-up.

Great teaser, indeed. There are some truly beautiful images-- Superman & Lois on the roof, over the sun, watching the Earth from above (the splendiferousest one); the shots of him falling through the roof and jumping in the field are great too, very realistic.

Pity it's that guy and not Christopher Reeves, because the visuals were truly great and it's odd to suddenly see someone else.

Great photography. Metropolis does look Burton Gothamy, what with the statues and dark color scheme (especially in the night scene :P ).

The music worked fine, including for the logos.

I'm looking forward to this movie. :|

Pity they have to go all over the whole introduction yet again-- especially as even the younger audience is now pretty familiar with it, through Smallville. I thought he wanted to pick up right from Superman's departure, after one big scene motivating it I imagined.

But then, I guess it will help sell the new actor. He looks really young in that last shot.

obsupes001a.gif