The Legend Of Zelda - 25th Anniversary Symphony / Symphony Of The Goddesses /  Second Quest / Master Quest / 30th Anniversary Symphony

BloodBoal

39 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

You do realize you can switch to English on that website? You just have to go to the bottom of the page and click on the language selection next to the Amazon logo.

Hey cool I didn't know that either, thanks!

Now a serious question:  the main reason I didn't order the version with DVD is because it was unclear to me if the disc would be region locked to whatever region Japan uses.  Do you know if it is, BB?  I'll change my preorder if the disc will play in my DVD/BR player.

Good question. Completely forgot to check that, given that most Blu-Ray players and Blu-Rays are now region-free, so that's not as much of a problem as it was when DVDs were around...

But, hey, look, CDJapan provides us with an answer: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/COZX-1293

Limited edition includes video displayed during the concert on DVD, deluxe box, CD stand, and badge set. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.

Well, there you go.

Well, he definitely did the arrangements for the 25th Anniversary Symphony as well as Symphony Of The Goddesses, including Second Quest, so I would assume he also did the arrangements for the new Master Quest pieces too.

He probably wasn't involved in this 30th anniversary concert, but I still suspect that for the pieces from that concert with the same title as the ones found in the Symphony of The Goddesses concerts (Hyrule Castle, Princess Zelda's Theme, Boss Battle Medley, Ocarina Of Time Medley, The Wind Waker Medley (which are probably the symphonic movements from the previous concerts just renamed "Medley"), etc.), they simply reused his arrangements.

If that's the case, it'd be a bit of a shame (since it would mean the music from 6 tracks out of the 16 on this new set was already available on the CD sold with Skyward Sword, leaving us with only 10 tracks with actual previously unreleased music), but at the same time it'd mean we'll finally get some of his arrangements that weren't released before.

And if it's all new arrangements, then it'll mean 100% of the music on this set was previously unreleased so it's cool too (well, assuming these new arrangements are good. ;)).

Well Tilton did the Lorule Castle arrangement, and some other guy did more recent stuff, like (I think) Spirit Tracks or the Fi's Theme/Ballad of the Goddess medley.

Interesting. After doing some research, turns out there's also a guy called Bill Panks who did some of the arrangements: http://vgmland.com/blog/interviews/jason-michael-paul-2015/

Nikolas: Who were the arrangers for these pieces?

Jason: Chad Seiter did a lot of them. Also Chris Tilton. He did a lot of arranging for video games and also Fringe, the television series. He worked with Michael Giacchino. So did Chad Seiter. They were his assistants, basically. Michael Giacchino, pretty big name.

I have some new arrangements that were done by a younger up-and-coming arranger, composer and orchestrator. His name is Bill Panks. I’m really pleased with him, he did the new Majora’s Mask, that we’ll be performing tonight. It’s about six minutes. You’ll probably see it in the second half of the rehearsal. It’s part of the Finale.

Also found this, which has the arranger's name next to each piece: http://blipico.com/zelda-symphony-2015-stockholm/

Seiter did Fi's Theme/Ballad of the Goddess medley.

There's no one credited next to the the A Link Between Worlds medley (the one combining the Hyrule Castle and Lorule Castle theme), but it turns out Tilton did that one:

Maybe Panks and/or Tilton worked on the 30th anniversary concert?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I've almost beaten Link Between Worlds as I type this, and damn, the game has awesome music! 

It might be my favorite Zelda soundtrack.  A really great mix of new versions of Link to the Past music and new stuff.  And it all sounds so great.  I remember when I first bought the game back in 2013, I played the whole thing with my 3DS plugged into a speaker system, which was awesome.  Crappy built-in speakers don't do that soundtrack justice.

4 favorites:

I love all the music for Yuga, the main villain of the game.  Especially the track for the first time you fight him:

The new arrangement of the classic LTTP Dark World music is fucking awesome:

And the theme for Mother Maimai is one of my favorite "wacky weird" Zelda cues (it's actually very pretty, but the vocals that come in halfway through are so funny):

And you can't go wrong with the end credits:

I don't know if it's really my favorite.  That was just something to get across how much I enjoy it :P 

23 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Not familiar with that one, apart from the Lorule Castle theme. Any cues you'd recommend listening to?

BloodBoal - whose favourite Zelda score remains Link's Awakening.A

AKA, Grotto thene, the suite?

Also St

Don't forget the Hyrule runner theme (that wa repurposed from Nintendo Lands

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

4 favorites:

Not bad. Though, I note that you posted only 4 tracks, two of which are based on material from the ALTTP soundtrack. ;)

2 minutes ago, Fennel Ka said:

AKA, Grotto thene, the suite?

What?

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Not bad. Though, I note that you posted only 4 tracks, two of which are based on material from the ALTTP soundtrack. ;)

Oh sure, which makes sense given that the game is basically just LTTP Remix.  But the new music that's there is really good!

I'm actually not sure which game I'd single out as having my favorite soundtrack for real.  Probably either Majora or Wind Waker.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

What?

I was jokingly referring to the fact that all the dungeon themes are remixes of the same theme.

well if we're talking Between Worlds (and yes all of Yuga's themes are awesome)

we have to mention the best dungeon

and also the final dungeons theme (give it a while)

and I like the final battle too, if only for the incorporation of Zelda's theme (and the pinnacle of Yuga)

15 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It might be my favorite Zelda soundtrack.  A really great mix of new versions of Link to the Past music and new stuff.  And it all sounds so great.  I remember when I first bought the game back in 2013, I played the whole thing with my 3DS plugged into a speaker system, which was awesome.  Crappy built-in speakers don't do that soundtrack justice.

I only played with headphones on. I beat the game last night, great game. And the Lorule Castle music was awesome! I loved how it got more "filled in" as you beat each mini boss.

15 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Not familiar with that one, apart from the Lorule Castle theme. Any cues you'd recommend listening to?

BloodBoal - whose favourite Zelda score remains Link's Awakening.

What what what?  How can you love LTTP and Awakening and not have played this? You must play it now! 

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The new arrangement of the classic LTTP Dark World music is fucking awesome:

Yes, it's brilliant! I actually heard it on a podcast before I played the game and thought it must be from some re-recording album some group put out. 

When I first got to Lorule and heard it I was blown away! 

And the theme for Mother Maimai is one of my favorite "wacky weird" Zelda cues (it's actually very pretty, but the vocals that come in halfway through are so funny):

Haha yeah, that's a fun / funny cue. 

• 5 weeks later...

The Amazon and CDJapan pages of the upcoming album have been updated with a tracklist, in Japanese. The one thing to note is that there are 7 tracks on each CD, so 14 tracks in total, and not 16 as the Wiki page of the album suggested. A quick Google Translate of the tracklist gives us this:

CD 1

01. Hyrule Castle

02. Princess Zelda's Theme

03. The Wind Waker Medley

04. Ocarina Of Time Medley

05. Boss Battle Medley

06. A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes Medley

07. Skyward Sword Staff Roll

CD 2

01. The Legend Of Zelda 30th Anniversary Symphony

02. Minor Songs Medley

03. Gerudo Valley

04. Hyrule Field (Ocarina Of Time)

05. The Great Fairy Theme

06. Twilight Princess Medley

07. The Legend Of Zelda Medley

So Kakariko Village and Breath Of The Wild Main Theme are not included on this set (unless there are included as bonus tracks and thus not listed on the tracklist).

I really hope that the medleys and other tracks with a title similar to the ones found on the 25th Anniversary Symphony CD are actually new arrangements, else that would mean there will be only 9 tracks with previously unreleased material (which would be a shame).

Oh, and here's what included on the DVD:

01. Hyrule Castle

02. Princess Zelda's Theme

03. The Wind Waker Medley

04. Boss Battle Medley

05. A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes Medley

06. Skyward Sword Staff Roll

07. The Legend Of Zelda 30th Anniversary Symphony

08. Gerudo Valley

09. The Great Fairy Theme

10. Twilight Princess Medley

11. The Legend Of Zelda Medley

Odd that it doesn't include all the pieces found on the CDs...

I received mine today.  First impression, the music is well played and crystal clear.  I didn't know it was of the actual concert until the audience started clapping after the first song completely finished.  This is a breath of fresh air because often in concert recordings I have heard people cheering or starting to clap before the final note is finished.  That is not the case in what I have heard so far.  It is fantastic.  Anybody else get theirs yet?

6 hours ago, Turbo said:

I didn't know it was of the actual concert until the audience started clapping after the first song completely finished.  This is a breath of fresh air because often in concert recordings I have heard people cheering or starting to clap before the final note is finished.  That is not the case in what I have heard so far.  It is fantastic.

You can thank the Japanese for that! Had it been recorded with a Western audience, you would have had people cheering every time they'd recognize a melody from the games!

EDIT: Just got an update from the delivery company: should receive mine today instead of Monday!

My copy also came yesterday, listened to the first disc in the car on the drive to work this morning.  Very nice sounding for a live recording!  I could do without the woman narrating over so much of the concert, especially since I can't understand her.

I haven't ripped the discs to my computer yet, does anyone have good (i.e., not Google) translations of the titles?

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The titles I posted here were adapted by me (based on the track titles found on official Zelda soundtracks released in Western countries and on my own deductions) after putting the Japanese titles through Google Translate.

For example:

Original Japanese Title: ゲルドの谷 --> Google Translate: Valley of Geld --> BloodBoal Approved Title: Gerudo Valley

So I think it's safe to use those. ;)

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I am digging the new suite for Between Worlds

Yes that was the highlight of disc 1 for me.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I could do without the woman narrating over so much of the concert, especially since I can't understand her.

After ripping the album, I edited out the applause and those vocals.  Aside from her speaking over the end of 2 different parts, the rest can be cleanly removed for a better flow.