The HP-esque mystery music 2:40-3:00 of Marlinspike Hall

BLUMENKOHL

Am I the only one who finds this enchanting and mesmerizing? Is it a particular theme?

It's one of those...I wish he'd developed it further, but alas you only get 20 seconds.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a recurring theme at all. And actually the entire passage you mention is the only section of a long 2 1/2 minute cue on the OST - but the rest of the cue doesn't feature that melody again either

Not a recurring theme at all. And actually the entire passage you mention is the only section of a long 2 1/2 minute cue on the OST - but the rest of the cue doesn't feature that melody again either

It seems to bear resemblance to Sakharine's theme?

I only listen to that track anymore because of this little bit. And you're right, Blume; it sounds like it should be interwoven more into the mystery underscoring in the early-going.

Don't be so ridiculous you untrained heathen nincompoop!

Don't be so ridiculous you untrained heathen nincompoop!

I won't argue. Just because you used the word nincompoop.

I haven't see the film, but it sounds like a moment where they discover something

The scroll is musically portrayed with the celeste in the film.

That celeste bit plays when Tintin grabs the iron container from under the cupboard. (seen in the trailer)

Am I the only one who finds this enchanting and mesmerizing? Is it a particular theme?

It's one of those...I wish he'd developed it further, but alas you only get 20 seconds.

Yeah, I agree it's a great moment, but then this score (and album) is FULL of such great, memorable, little moments.

This is just one example... :)

I agree with you there, my friend! However, I thought the same when HP:PS was nominated, then again when PoA was nominated... I am not falling for that again! :)

Besides, I have an idea Tintin won't be nominated because they won't even submit it. I am sure Williams and Spielberg are putting all their hopes on WH.