'Star Wars' named UK's top movie theme in BBC Radio 3 vote

TownerFan

I've stopped caring about Star Wars being voted top of anything.

And I question the film-score literacy of the writer of the article due to this:

John Williams' Star Wars theme has been voted as the UK's favourite film soundtrack by BBC Radio 3 listeners.

A 'theme' is not a 'soundtrack', idiot!

And some of the comments hit the nail on the head - many will have voted for it simply because they like the Star Wars universe.

Hans Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises makes the top ten...

So what? John Williams claimed the top spot didn't he? Is that not enough? Change the record!

Lee - bored shitless by the predictable Zimmer bashing at this point.

Hans Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises makes the top ten...

So what? John Williams claimed the top spot didn't he? Is that not enough? Change the record!

Lee - bored shitless by the predictable Zimmer bashing at this point.

Thanks, Lee. Refreshing to see someone else think the same thing, for a change.

Ah, ok. You guys agree that TDKR is the best score to be placed on that list? Or are you guys just selectively tuning out the post just to say there's already a Zimmer bashing going on? You know, the overly zealous pro-Zimmerites are also beginning to sound like a broken record too.

tumblr_lvgguauFIk1r6tn4go1_500.gif

No I do not think TDKR should be on that list, but who cares. It's just opinions. Williams got the top spot, be happy about that. Complaining about it just makes you a tedious read.

Exactly. It's just a subjective list. One man's list would be different from the next. I've never understood why people get so agitated by other people's favourites if they don't correspond to their own.

As for TDKR, I think it's a fine score (although TDK was better). It's not my favourite Zimmer sound, but it has grown on me quite a bit over the years. I don't really care if it's on or off any lists, though.

Ah no, I visit FSM but I don't have an account made there. And Yor has a very specific set of gifs that are instantly recognizable to everyone going to FSM...

But my using gifs are just me, I find it fun ...

3lipfo.jpg

Now that's a name I have not heard in a long time...a long time.

Andre Lux is the first person in the world to send me a hate mail. Calling me a faggot and describing what he was gonna do to me because I disagreed with him on FSM.

chuckster, your endless gifs remind me of the infamous Yor/Andre Lux on the FSM board. Please don't say you're him?

So Yor is the "legendary" Andre Lux... I hadn't read that name in ages.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17475&p=936692

;)