Star Wars Trilogy: The Original Soundtrack Anthology: GUTTED

Quintus

...And still am.

starwars2.jpg

I purchased this about 10 years ago and it was my pride and joy amongst my slowly growing ost collection.

But I had a bit of very bad luck.

One day me and a friend had to endure a long car journey. I took disc 3 along for the ride. The Return of the Jedi disc to be exact (and obvious). After all, it features nearly all of the main themes and its superb in its own right. We enjoyed it immensely.

I forgot to take it when we arrived home later.

My friend left his car in the usual place outside his home.

The car was burgled.

They stole his CD player.

My precious Williams disc was still in it.

I felt sick when I found out.

Damn. Even now, after about four years, I still get pissed off about this.

So am I quite literally fu**ed? Do I have absolutely NO chance of ever acquiring disc 3 via other means? Probably not. :)

I can't get this shit out of my head. Please help, my stunning (untouched by Lucas and his meddling) original trilogy ost collection is missing a masterpiece, a vital friend lost :cry:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer deal. I suppose you could look for the anthology on ebay but I'm not sure if you'll find just the one disc. Good luck!!

never ever EVER take original CD's of some value with you in your car.

CDr's are dirt cheap.

I know, I know! But I didn't own a pc at the time. I didn't even know how simple it was to burn a copy off :cry:

That sucks that this has happened. As suggested try ebay or try amazon the new and used section. I know you wouldn't like to re-buy the entire set but that maybe necessary in this case.

As Steef said never take your actual CD's with you always make back up copies of them onto CD-R's and take the CD-R's with you.

Another friend of mine had something similar happen to him. He had all his CD's in his car and someone broke into his car and stole a lot of stuff including all his CD's. He even had the RCA 97' OT discs in there. I was fortunate that I had barely re-boughten those copies from ebay so I was generous enough to send him my copies of the 97' RCA sets, since the 2004 sets were coming out shortly after that happened. He has learned his lesson though about leaving his regular CD's in his car now. He did loose quite a few rare titles even a couple of OOP Varése CD's.

I used to take my regular CD's with me every where I went but I'd never leave them in a car. However, I invested in the Creative Zen Vision M portable 30GB Mp3 player and it's the best thing I've gotten. I've got all my scores on there at 320kbps and I don't need CD-R's any more. So you can invest into something like that or an Apple iPod, which ever you perfer. Just a thought. :)

Good luck on trying to obtain another copy of the entire Anthology set or just the ROTJ disc.

Hmm, I was able to buy the Anthology on eBay without too much difficulty. My version has more than a few little clicks throughout the tracks, though. Not cool.

I got the Anthology pretty cheap too through eBay - without clicks - so just keep your eyes open, do yourself a favour :)

Hmm, I was able to buy the Anthology on eBay without too much difficulty. My version has more than a few little clicks throughout the tracks, though. Not cool.

Yeah, it has a lot of clicks on it, which is why I like listenting to the 97 SE's better, but the awesome packaging alone makes getting this set worth it.

My copy doesn't have a lot of clicks to it.  :)

Are you sure, I think that there are clicks from the tapes used to made the cds, not from damage to my cds, because they have no scratches and I can rip them fine.

There's one right at the beginning of "Through the Flames," for example. If I had to estimate, I'd say there are ten-twenty such clicks throughout the set.

I honestly do not hear any clicks in my rip of my set that's on my hard drive. It's also possible that your CD ripping program is causing the clicks and or pops.

Ouch!

TheGreatEye, I feel for you dude - that's pretty much the reason I bought an iPod; my CDs get played once to copy them to iTunes, and then they are put away.

Before that it was always CDRs for the car and for my Discman...

I had that unfortunately happen to me, as well. I had left Disc I with a friend in a computer lab at school as I went to another meeting. When I came back, it was gone. He had left and hadn't looked after it as I had asked him. I was broken-hearted, until I was able to find the individual discs for sale at a convention dealer's room. $20 at the time for the replacement, which was more than I wanted to pay, but I had to have it.

I honestly do not hear any clicks in my rip of my set that's on my hard drive.  It's also possible that your CD ripping program is causing the clicks and or pops.

After listenting to the set again (Thanks for the excuse :) ), I didn't hear as many clicks as I thought I remembered. There are some noticeable ones in The Desert-The Robot Auction. Also at around 0:35 in The training of a Jedi Knight, there seems to be a weird left channel abrupt cut-off or something which is really annoying when listening with headphones. I am fairly confident in my rip, because I used EAC and AccurateRip to check my CRCs with their database. Just out of curiousity, what ripping program do you use?