Hollywood Bowl 2006

alfredo

What was Memoirs arranged like? Was it just the first movemnt of his suite? Cello solos?

I haven't heard the Memoirs full suite, so I can't comment on any similarities. But the piece performed at the Hollywood Bowl was simply an arrangement of Sayuri's Theme, with prominent oboe and flute parts and no cello solo. I felt it was somewhat lackluster (of course, perhaps I had too high of expectations - I was most anxiously looking forward to hearing music from Memoirs.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you can't hear me booing the prequel footage.

Neil

You really are not a JWFan, you are PequelBashingFan :roll:

And you think what if williams had heard you and ran off the podium crying, thiking it was aimed at him!

:thumbup:

Was a good experience, but I still can't understand the shouting of some of the people or strange behavior I saw. Maybe its strange because I am coming from Europe, but a concert is not a picnic.

That's just what it's like at Hollywood Bowl concerts. It's standard practice at the Bowl to come hours early before a concert to picnic, and the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. The light sabers have also become somewhat of a tradition specifically for the Williams concerts.

I'm hoping to make it to the Bowl next year for Johnny's 75th birthday bash.

Hitch, who will be filming JW in glorious VistaVision.