Good clips of JW conducting in sessions

matthewslater

I can't seem to find any good links on the web to clips of JW conducting in his sessions. Any suggestions for good links? There was one that linked to an apple.com site - one of the SW session I thinking.

Anyway - suggestions?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1941, E.T., The Prequels, and War Of The Worlds have footage of Williams conducting.

I know there are more, I think the Jaws doc has a short glimpse of Williams conducting.

1941, E.T., The Prequels, and War Of The Worlds have footage of Williams conducting.  

I know there are more, I think the Jaws doc has a short glimpse of Williams conducting.

Speaking of the WotW clips. In the part where Williams is scoring the Ferry Scene (or Scene on the Ferry...that doesn't sound much better does it... :oops: ) does anyone else notice there are no violins in the orchestra? Only violas and celli and winds, brass and perc.

It's crazy that there is so much interest in Williams' work that there isn't a definitive DVD biog relesaed - is anyone taking notice of our petition!!! We must prevail!!!

E.T. is THE must-have in this regard, the featurette on the 20th anniversary live full score performance is amazing

Yes - truely a great bit of film music history.

Speaking of the WotW clips. In the part where Williams is scoring the Ferry Scene (or Scene on the Ferry...that doesn't sound much better does it... :oops: ) does anyone else notice there are no violins in the orchestra? Only violas and celli and winds, brass and perc.

I think this was talked about before.

In any case, I did noticed the lack of violins, not only on the featurette, but on the actual music.

The Last Crusade Doc features Williams conducting some of the score.

Yes it does, along with some charming footage of Williams and Spielberg discussing the score's merits. I love that doc.

Did anyone notice how uninterested George Lucas appeared to be while Spielberg and Williams were talking. Maybe that's because he was doing his producer's job and trusting in director and composer. Who knows, but he definitely doesn't seem to be into as much as Spielberg.

Ted