Why Satellite Radio Rules

Lurker

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satellite radio is great. If only mine worked.... I have Sirius, and it keeps cutting out for days, then comes back, then cuts out again. And the other day I had to crank up my player to hear it, and it was covered by lots of digital pops, screeches, and other noise.

Sshame, I'm going to have to get rid of it because I can't actually listen to it anymore. I don't know if it's the CD Player (which is brand new and the tuner and CD player on it work fine) or the Sirius.

I don't have any problems with mine. I broke an antenna wire when I first got it, but that was my own fault for not knowing how to properly install it. I very much enjoy Sirius, but I wish they had a film score channel like XM does.

Ted

Might be the weather? Satelite is affected by the weather.

Doubtful, it's been doing this for about a month, and there's only been three rainy/cloud/foggy days. Also, it had been working fine for about a year and a half. It just all of a sudden screwed up, which makes me doubt it's something broken, none of the wires have cuts in them.

As for the film score channel, the Pops channel usually plays film score music, too.

Howard Stern and the NFL make Sirius a no-brainer for me. Sirius Pops plays it's fair share of film music and they have a show Saturday night just for film music.

And I've never had any reception problems and I love that they stream it over the internet. I play commercial free music at work all day. I feel I get my monies worth out of the service.

Neil

Howard Stern and the NFL make Sirius a no-brainer for me.  Sirius Pops plays it's fair share of film music and they have a show Saturday night just for film music.

And I've never had any reception problems and I love that they stream it over the internet.  I play commercial free music at work all day.  I feel I get my monies worth out of the service.

Neil

Well said. And I did not know about the film music show on Saturday. Otherwise, I rarely hear film music on the Pops channel, other than a little Bernstein, Williams and Morricone here and there. But it's all stuff I already have. How is the film music show, and what to they typically play?

Ted

Saturday nights at 9 they have a show on Sirius Pops. I've heard some obscure stuff there. I heard Lady in the Water before it was released. They also seem to really like the Salonen recording of Herrmann music on Sony. :)

Neil