My Dead Man's Chest Score Project

hagman1983

First post, but have been lurking around here for some time. Avid fan of Williams (among others).

Seeing as there actually was interest interest in Damo's POTC Curse of the Black Pearl Score (including myself), I've ripped the score from DMC and I'am in the process of doing a Score project. I gotta say, there were a lof of music with no SFX (oddly the more action packed scenes), so it's coming around nicely, don't know if it will be a complete score as I'm trying to avoid SFX, and have done a pretty good job so far. If anyone is interested fire away a PM.

Here's the track listing (subject to change):

Main Titles - Wedding Crashers (1.54)

Wedding Crashers Part 2 (0.21)

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Jack & the Dead (2.25)

Jack the Monkey (0.09)

'...That Way, Direction...' (1.07)

Jack In His Cabin (0.25)

Drunk Jack - Bootstraps Tale - The Black Spot (4.22)

Elizabeth Behind Bars - The Search for Jack (2.18)

The Pearl on the Beach - Will Is Captured & Dinner Is Served (2.38)

'Save, Me' (0.13)

Cannibal Ceremony - The Bone Cages - Escape from Cannibal Island (8.52)

Up The River - Tia Dalma - An Undead Monkey for a Jar of Dirt (4.25)

A Wrecked Ship (0.20)

The Dutchman Appears - Jones and Sparrow Negotiate & Betrayal (5.01)

To Tortuga Looking for Payment (0.54)

Norrington Loking for Revenge - Brawl in the Pub (1.41)

The Turners Reunite (4.53)

A Game of Liar's Dice - Stealing the Key (4.24)

The Kraken Hammer (0.37)

The Kraken Attacks the Edinburgh Trader (1.50)

No Survivors - Set Sail for Isla Cruces (1.27)

Curiosity (1.50)

The Search for Dead Man's Chest - Wil Appears (2.45)

Three-way Swordfight - Wheel of Fortune - Fight over the Chest (11.41)

The Flying Dutchman Is Back (0.21)

The Flying Dutchman Chases the Pearl - The Sea Monster Returns (5.10)

1h12min15sec

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it. I thought I was going to do it... lol

Nevermind. Hope your turns out pretty good. It would be better if you separate the tracklist into 2 disc set as it get closer to completion.

New (and final) track listing:

Main Titles - Wedding Crashers (1.54)

Wedding Crashers Part 2 (0.21)

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Jack & the Dead (2.25)

Jack the Monkey (0.09)

'...That Way, Direction...' (1.07)

Jack In His Cabin (0.25)

Drunk Jack - Bootstraps Tale - The Black Spot (4.22)

Elizabeth Behind Bars - The Search for Jack (2.18)

The Pearl on the Beach - Will Is Captured & Dinner Is Served (2.38)

'Save, Me' (0.13)

Cannibal Ceremony - The Bone Cages - Escape from Cannibal Island (9.23)

Up The River - Tia Dalma - An Undead Monkey for a Jar of Dirt (4.25)

A Wrecked Ship (0.20)

The Dutchman Appears - Jones and Sparrow Negotiate & Betrayal (5.01)

Ghostly Appearence (0.56)

To Tortuga Looking for Payment (0.54)

Norrington Loking for Revenge - Brawl in the Pub (SFX) (1.39)

Norrington Loking for Revenge - Brawl in the Pub (Altarnate) (1.42)

The Turners Reunite (5.18)

A Game of Liar's Dice - Stealing the Key (4.24)

The Kraken Hammer (0.37)

The Kraken Attacks the Edinburgh Trader (1.50)

No Survivors - Set Sail for Isla Cruces (1.27)

Curiosity (1.50)

The Search for Dead Man's Chest - Wil Appears (2.45)

Three-way Swordfight - Wheel of Fortune - Fight over the Chest (11.38)

The Flying Dutchman Is Back (0.21)

The Flying Dutchman Chases the Pearl - The Sea Monster Returns (SFX) (5.48)

Chained to the Pearl - 'Hello, Beastie' - 'So, Tell Me, What's Become of My Ship' (10.09)

End Credits (8.51)

In that case then this should be called an expanded score considering it doesn't look entirely complete. Is that all is missing?

It's done, e-mail sent out. I've added a few new ques from magicboxmusic and extended two tracks so it's a little longer now (1h37min09sec) but one track shorter.

Just PM and I'll get it out.

Yes. WMA will not play in iTunes. However if are using a mac you can download an encoder called flip 4 mac which allows quicktime player to play any Window Media player format . For Windows play the files that aren't in MP3 such as WMA in Window Media player...or just simply burn everything on a disc via Window Media Player and then ripped the entire thing in iTunes.

I just finished downloading your DMC edit Hangman and i listening to it right now. I must say I applaud for your effort doing this. Your editing and mixing was okay is most parts but some parts I didn't find them as good IMHO especially with the fade in and fade out during the tracks. I found the quality wasn't at it highest quality in some tracks. This will give me a idea how DMC score will sound like when I will make own complete version out of this.

How?

I can't even open it in iTunes on my Mac how can you possibly convert it using iTunes considering it doesn't work in iTunes. Must be a feature in iTunes window version that allows to do it but not on mac?

Not sure about other formats, but you can definitely convert to AAC, by simply right-clicking the file once you've loaded it into iTunes and selecting "convert selection to AAC"

Sounds rather odd that iTunes wouldn't work on your Mac. Do you have the latest version (the Mac version, mind you).

I meant trying to open WMA file in iTunes so that I can be able to convert it. But it does not load it into iTunes. Nothing happens after I clicked the file . I am using version 7.0.2 which is the latest version?

Hey dude!

I don't really care because I got a very good computer and what do you mean by proper grown-up's computer?????

Who invented iTunes and Quicktime in the first place? Apple did so yeah you windows people should appreciate apple's work allowing windows people to have iTunes and Quicktime (windows version)

I don't need to open WMA files in iTunes anyway. Alternately I already got burner program which convert those WMA into Audio CD format or I got encoder for quicktime called flip 4 mac which allows me to play WMA files.

:thumbup:

I don't tend to use WMA's, but I just ripped a tune to WMA then tried to import it into iTunes, and just get a message saying basically "You're not REALLY going to use that shite on here, are you? I'm going to convert it to an mp3 so that it becomes a PROPER file....."

I just finished downloading your DMC edit Hangman and i listening to it right now. I must say I applaud for your effort doing this. Your editing and mixing was okay is most parts but some parts I didn't find them as good IMHO especially with the fade in and fade out during the tracks. I found the quality wasn't at it highest quality in some tracks. This will give me a idea how DMC score will sound like when I will make own complete version out of this.

I was lazy :), didn't want to make a lot of individual tracks, but now when it's done, I kinda regret that part actually, should have done individual tracks (as you noticed with fade ins and a few seconds of silence and new music begins). Please send me a copy of yours when you've done it.

Keep in mind that smartripper wont work (if you use that). The DVD is copy-protected so I used a program called DVD-decryptor which is quite similar to smartripper. The sound quality is like that because I used of course the rear-channels. Tried to cheat some with adding some bass and It worked out ok, better then the "source" files before I upped the bass. I'm happy with it...maybe a Complete Recordings will leak out onto the net some day, most Zimmer score does that.

What do you mean smartripper wont work? Isn't all DVDs are copy-protected?

I give you a tip....if you can't access the dvd by using smartripper.... then there is a way you can get it work. Open window media player and play the DVD and at the same time open smartripper which should be able to access to the DVD.

Or perhaps you don't have ASPI layer?

Not sure about other formats, but you can definitely convert to AAC, by simply right-clicking the file once you've loaded it into iTunes and selecting "convert selection to AAC"

Sounds rather odd that iTunes wouldn't work on your Mac. Do you have the latest version (the Mac version, mind you).

It can convert it to MP3 and keep the original WMA files too when you try playing the WMA file on itunes,if your "importing" preference is set to MP3.

Seeing as there actually was interest interest in Damo's POTC Curse of the Black Pearl Score (including myself)

Correction,the interest by Damo,Peter Biolen,Blumenkhok,Pi and Bondo,fans of bland modern underscore around here

K.M.

Correction,the interest by Damo,Peter Biolen,Blumenkhok,Pi and Bondo,fans of bland modern underscore around here
I am officially confused here. I have no interest in bland modern underscore. It's just PotC 1 I like. At one point in the past I liked it a lot, but my opinion on this score has been put firmly into perspective as soon as I heard Cutthroat Island. PotC is OK-ish in an enjoyable kind of way, but nothing really more than that. I highly prefer proper orchestral scores, though I still like the first PotC score, for which you will just have to forgive me. :oops:

What do you mean smartripper wont work? Isn't all DVDs are copy-protected?  

I give you a tip....if you can't access the dvd by using smartripper.... then there is a way you can get it work. Open window media player and play the DVD and at the same time open smartripper which should be able to access to the DVD.

Or perhaps you don't have ASPI layer?

I started the DVD in media player but that didn't help. There comes up a box after it have analyzed the IFO files which says: "List out of Bounds (2)".

I got ASPI Layer, other DVD's have worked (POTC 1, Raiders, Crusade, Doom etc)

Sorry,I inclused all I could remember posting often in MV related theads
Do I really post that often in MV related threads? That's not good. I have no real interest in MV music, except for a bit of interest in PotC. My main interest goes to full orchestral scores, preferrably composed by John Williams and other truly great composers. Apparently I should pay a bit more attention to what threads I post in. :joke: