"Any post was there . . . per chance?"

Goldsmithfan

what wrong with speakers compared to a proper headphone?

I'm planning on getting this for my PC and for DVD. Using these speakers...it can work on:

* PC/Mac

* CD

* MP3

* DVD

* PlayStation®

* Xbox®

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you can carry a headphone around, and you can't do that with speakers. Also, less complaining neighbors/parents/significant others.

Yes, since it portable. I only use headphones for when I am traveling to places...

But why would you wanna move speakers around? The speakers are for home use anyway. With this Logitech Z-680 speaker system....you can move it from one room to another room if you have DVD player connected to a TV in another room separated from the PC considering it is designed to.

I see your reason of complaints with neighbors/parents/significant others because of volume right? having it too load? I find that is common.

What? Whoever talked about moving speakers around?

Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with a decent speaker system. But if you're worried about the rubbish speakers that come with most standard PC kits, and don't wish to spend the 400 dollars a setup like the one you linked to cost, I suggest you buy decent headphones.

Or alternately you can buy yourself with better speakers for the PC separately which what I'm trying to say instead of headphones. It work either way. Yes good decent headphones can be cheaper then buying good decent speakers...I wonder why?

Oh yeah I already got good decent headphones. I don't really need it because my speakers on my PC are pretty good since it is SigmaTel.

Let me put it this way, an expanded IJ and Temple of Doom comes out and your CD player breaks. You have a cheapo player available to listen to with poor sound but you can hear the music and it may be months before you get a new one.

You just gonna sit there and stare at the CD until you get a new one? I don't think so.

Who would have thought that I would start such lunacy with a thread that is quite pointless in the first place?

I was able to listen to Lifeforce last night on the DVD player (just had to wait until the rest of the family was in bed so I'd have QUIET!).

Tonight will be Tombstone . . .

not sure what this thread is about.

Anyways I use Kliptch Mediapro Ultra 2.0 speakers on my PC.There is no subwoofer on that set but the desktop stereo speakers are 15 W RMS per channel.I find sets with subwoofers adding booming distorted bass with small sattelites that can't handle midtones removes detail from the music.I've heard very few PC speakers that sound accurate,and that's one of th

Who would have thought that I would start such lunacy with a thread that is quite pointless in the first place?

And thank you for it, we need our random threads.

John- who keeps two old CD players as backups, even the one where almost all the buttons don't even work anymore