The Imperial March - Remixed

aj_vader

Hi i'm new here! this is my first thread here! :D yay first thread! anywayz

TO THE POINT!

This is a link to an Mp3 of The Imperial March. (yeh so wot?) ive taken the special edtion version and the anthnology version and the 5.1 mix from the Musical Journey DVD and made a track out of it and removed the voice parts from the Musical Journey version, and carefully placed the different peices so they flow in time.

Enjoy! let me know what you think! :)

link removed

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think posting links to complete mp3 files of copyrighted music is permitted here, but I listened to your file anyway.

I understand this is a re-mix, but the violins really should be on the left (regardless of what the 2004 Star Wars DVD mix sounds like).

What was the purpose in doing this?

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Neil

Sounds pretty good. Very smooth transitions. What program did you use?

What was the purpose in doing this?

Why shouldn't he? That type of stuff is fun.

Welcome!

I don't think posting links to complete mp3 files of copyrighted music is permitted here, but I listened to your file anyway.

Neil is right.

You'll have to distribute the link via the PM system.

Neil is right.

You'll have to distribute the link via the PM system.

ok then no problem

anyone that wants to hear, plz PM me :D

because the mixs we have are kinda bad.

You have the Anthology which sounds kinda echoey and has hiss, then you have the SE that is just all wrong... then you have a 5.1 dvd mix of it...may as well take advantage of that and see if you can't mix it better than it has been commercially released.

I like it. I've listened and I told him about the strings too heh... its some nice editing eaither way.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you make this edit of the Imperial March?

Wot Good Musician said :)

also The Imperial March is the best Piece Ever Written and i wanted to 'beef' it up so to speak :)

but wasnt the only DVD with reversed mix SW : ANH?

wot do u mean about a new hope? Reveresed mix? u mean the channels are flipped? L and R ?

but wasnt the only DVD with reversed mix SW : ANH?

I think they're talking about the music videos... not the film itself. I have heard about how the rear channels are flipped on ANH in the film itself, but I believe they were talking about the Music Video version of the Imperial March.

Anyone ever wonder why its Imperial... not Empirial. It's taken from the word Empire, not Impire lol... anyways... lol

The 2004 DVD release of the film formerly known as Star Wars had the music in the surround channels reversed for some inexplicable reason. Lucasfilm issued a statement saying it was a "deliberate creative decision".

The music DVD included with the ROTS soundtrack did not have the channels reversed. Reverb was applied to "The Imperial March" though to cover up at least one bad edit, but that section was not used for this "re-mix".

The "re-mix" posted here does have the channels reversed, however.

Neil