CMiYC Trailer.

King Mark

I finally bothered to watch the trailer.somewhat I don't see Williams type of score for this.

K.M.Who think the movie is not Spielberg's type either and will also suck,or at best mediocre.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said nothing about Williams because I have NO idea how he will approache this score,unless I base myself to what I hear in the trailer,which is not a good sign(Read Pop oriented score),for some sort of pseudo-comedy we all know is not in Spielberg's best league.

I'm just saying the (long enough)trailer doesn't inspire me all that much to make me want to see it.

K.M.

Maybe some jazz based score...but pop based music is mainly heard in the trailer.The best I can hope for are a few neat "chase" scherzos like some Williams used to write in the 60's.

K.M.Who just saw the trailer again on Access Hollywood.

Well Spielberg has never made a comedy that was recieved well. This may be the same thing. I personally thought the trailer looked very good.

Justin - Who thinks a serious Cath Me If You Can would have been better... ROTFLMAO

About the trailerscore, sounds like something taken from Ocean's Eleven ROTFLMAO The movie didn't seem to be that awful though

I finally bothered to watch the trailer.somewhat I don't see Williams type of score for this.

K.M.Who think the movie is not Spielberg's type either and will also suck,or at best mediocre.

Mm, I disagree. I think it will be very interesting what kind of film has done Steven this time. The trailer looks promising, at least for me. And Spielberg is at the top of his game in this period.

I'm very excited to hear what Williams has composed for the movie. Yes, there will be surely a lot of 60's source music, but I think this is a film with a great potential for scoring. There's comedy, romance, action, father-son relationship. All good things for a composer like Williams. And the fact that the main character is a master con man would be very interesting in terms of themes. Williams could have composed a sort of "chamleon" theme, that varies and permutates every time Frank change identity and role.

Maurizio

--

Williams could have composed a sort of "chamleon" theme, that varies and permutates every time Frank change identity and role.

yes, as Joe.... i mean, Williams said in an interview.

:P

Ted

Jennifer Garner is in it, that is all I need to know, that and John's score which would be great if he did a Sabrina/how to steal a million/I don't know, a fun small jazz inspired score but using an orchestra of course. Just for another little change. I personally like his adventure scores but I have HP 2 right now so something different would be great.

Im not so concerned about the films potential comic short comings - Speilberg's dry sense of humor works well enough with me. Im more concerned the film will be overly saccharine I remember in an interview with Larry King, Speilberg said himself that Barry Levinson was the better choice for Rainman and if he [speilberg] did that project he would have pushed to many "cry buttons" throughout the film...

Im not so concerned about the films potential comic short comings - Speilberg's dry sense of humor works well enough with me. Im more concerned the film will be overly saccharine I remember in an interview with Larry King, Speilberg said himself that Barry Levinson was the better choice for Rainman and if he [speilberg] did that project he would have pushed to many "cry buttons" throughout the film...