My leave of absence,soon.

King Mark

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have acess to a decent P.C.,I am holding off as much as I can to get mine,as they improve drastically each year and the prices fall.The P.C. I use now does the job but is obsolete after only 2 years.

I figure that sometime in the near future the use for adding extra MHZ and extra Ram will be of no more use for the regular P.C. user,and only smaller and nicer designs will start showing up.

K.M.

King Mark... a 386 would manage reading this site. :biglaugh: Presuming you used something like Ie 3 and it works with this site.

I figure that sometime in the near future the use for adding extra MHZ and extra Ram will be of no more use for the regular P.C. user,and only smaller and nicer designs will start showing up.

No, by the time that happens we probably won't be using silcon chips anymore. ROTFLMAO

No, by the time that happens we probably won't be using silcon chips anymore.  ROTFLMAO

I don't disagree.Maybe computers will think by themselves and wipe all of us out. :)

K.M.

Intel thinks they will be able to put 1 billion transistor's in a silcon chip in about 10 years time. :) Now the most they have is about 60 million. 10 years ago the most they had was about 3 million. ROTFLMAO And another thing, modern day graphics cards are most complex than cpu's. :)

I figure that sometime in the near future the use for adding extra MHZ  and extra Ram will be of no more use for the regular P.C. user,and only smaller and nicer designs will start showing up.

Any 640kb RAM should be enough for all eternity. ROTFLMAO As computers get faster and faster, the software gets more features, too. When Office XP came out, you had to have a rather new PC to use it without finding it slow. I think they're not finished adding features and effects to desktops for a long time, so I expect computers to become old just as quickly as now for at least several more years. The trick is holding of long enough so you buy your computer and have it for at least a few weeks before its price gets reduced dramatically. :)

Perhaps you should get this model.

C64-I.JPG

Commodore 64

Erscheinungsjahr: 1982 (Deutschland: 1983)

Prozessor: MOS 6510A, später 8500

Taktfrequenz: 0,9852484 MHz (PAL) / 1,0227271 MHz (NTSC)

RAM: 64 KByte (davon 38 KByte nutzbar unter Basic)

ROM: 20 KByte mit Basic V2.0 (8 KByte), Kernal (8 KByte) und Zeichensatz (4 KByte)

Betriebssystem: eigenes

Grafikchip: VIC 6566/6567/6569 (je nach Baujahr)

Textmodus: 40 x 25 (16 Farben)

Grafikmodi: 320 x 200 (monochrom), 160 x 200 (4 Farben)

Farben: 16

Soundchip: SID 6581

Sound: 3 Stimmen, mono

Tastatur: Schreibmaschine, QWERTY, 66 Tasten

Laufwerk: keins intern, als externe Laufwerke sind aber die Modelle 1541, 1570, 1571 und 1581 an den seriellen Bus anschließbar

I/O: 1 x IEC (seriell), 1 x Userport, 1 x Modulport, 1 x Audio/Video, 1 x HF (Antenne), 1 x Datasette, 2 x Joystick

These specs are in German, but they look very adanced to me.

Stefancos- who thinks this might be the future.

Now wait, the C64 was one of the best computers ever. And with it I wouldn't be where I am today. Plus, it had many games that are still unmatched.

Marian - who still treasures his C64 and intends to bring some of those game concepts back to the PC.

:sigh: Star Trek IV (Leonard Rosenman)

Now wait, the C64 was one of the best computers ever. And with it I wouldn't be where I am today. Plus, it had many games that are still unmatched.

If i remember correctly the bloody thing never ever had a hard drive.

Marian - who still treasures his C64 and intends to bring some of those game concepts back to the PC.

Well, I did like those games.

:ola: Star Trek IV (Leonard Rosenman)

:sigh:

Stefancos- wondering If Marian put that there on purpose.

If i remember correctly the bloody thing never ever had a hard drive.

Harddrives weren't common in those days' date=' you didn't miss them. :)

:sigh: Star Trek IV (Leonard Rosenman)

Stefancos- wondering If Marian put that there on purpose.

Kind of - the purpose being that I like the score.

Marian - :ola:

Having problems accessing this site was one of the reasons I bought a new computer to replace my 5-year one.(!!) It's an e-machines, and the good thing is if there are any software updates, I only need to download them from a website. And if new hardware is needed, I get it at discount for the next five years.

Now, to steal King Mark's thunder. I'm going to be on vacation starting Monday and ending Nov. 13. I am therefore going to probably not be able to access JWFan, though I might peek my head in every once in a while.

Jeff -- excited about his first real vacation

I recently got a new pc, my old P1 233 couldn't play modern games or view divx or dvd's. Was useless for encoding or audio editing.

My friend collects those. His house is like a shrine to not only Commodore 64s but dozens of rare computers from those early days of home computers. I think he has a website up, I'll look into it if anybody cares. LOL

i remember my first computer.  it was a monitor and a keyboard/diskdrive.

An Amiga?

Marian - who had (and has) an Amiga 1200 and still thinks the OS is superior to Windows (except of course that it lacks tons of features nowadays).

Ren: Commodore owned Amiga. :)

Chris Huelsbeck, who did the music for Rouge Squadron started out by composing music for the C64.  Just in case anyone wanted to know...

And most of them masterpieces. Spherical is a particular favourite of mine, plus Grand Monster Slam, R-Type, X-Out,... He might be somewhat responsible that my attention turned to film scores later (and check out his top 10 composer list at his homepage :))

Marian - Hülsbeck fan.