I'll be right here.

JoeinAR

tomorrow, E.T. the dvd will be released. I will wait until I play Edgar Allan Joe, on Halloween.

Let us know what you guys think.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll have just enough time to make it to Best Buy when it opens to buy the dvd! i'll be lookking forward to watching it all day long tomorrow!

Ted, very excited. :ola: yipee :sigh::)

You know, before the movie came out in theaters, I hadn't seen ET in about a decade or so. When the special edition rerelease trailer came out, and ET said, "I'll....be.......right......here........." I almost started to cry.

Kinda shows how damn good and how emotionally powerful it is, even though I hadn't seen it in ages.

You know, before the movie came out in theaters, I hadn't seen ET in about a decade or so. When the special edition rerelease trailer came out, and ET said, "I'll....be.......right......here........." I almost started to cry.  

Kinda shows how damn good and how emotionally powerful it is, even though I hadn't seen it in ages.

yeah, i remember feeling the very same way whenever i'd see that trailer.

Ted

My copy of the three disc set showed up today. It seems very nice. Plus, the alternate live recording of the score makes this disc pretty much a must have for any Williams fan.

Neil

Yeah, I just watched it myself as well (with the live score feature on) and I was a bawling little girl at the end. This is such a special movie for me. This is the first film I saw in the theater that I remember and it showed me the magic of films and also the magic of film music. This movie will always have a special place in my heart which is why, even though both versions are on the cheaper set, I am keeping the gift set.

- Johnnyecks

I will wait and get the 3-disc set for Christmas as it is expensive and I am in high school. But Joe, the title of this thread . . . that line is my breaking point in the film. Even thinking about it without watching the movie almost moves me to tears.

Ray Barnsbury-getting veclemped

LOL i love that phrase. i don't know if you're referring to Coffee Talk (the Mike Mysers SNL skit) or if you just happened to say that. either way, cheers to to you Ray for saying that! beerchug

oh and i'm the exact same way about that line doing me in, but by that point i'm already off the emotional deep end. that only makes me moreso.

Ted, getting nostaligic about the older SNL episodes that i used to love

I will wait and get the 3-disc set for Christmas as it is expensive and I am in high school.  But Joe, the title of this thread . . . that line is my breaking point in the film.  Even thinking about it without watching the movie almost moves me to tears.

Hmm.... I don't think I like the film as much as some other people. :P AI is much more moving.

I bought the two-disc set today but I haven't had a chane to watch it yet. My one complaint about this release is the very flimsy cardboard case. If you're not extremely careful when removing the stickers that hold the case closed, it'll tear it very easily. Would it have killed Universal to have packaged this in a 2-disc clamshell case?

"I'll be right here" always starts the waterworks for me. But I always start getting emotional when Elliot is clearing the leaves off the communicator and the spaceship lights shine on him. That's when the magic of the music really starts. The thing is, this final scene illustrates how well visual and aural can work wonders in movies. When listening to the score on CD, I never get emotional. I just marvel at the genius of composition. But when paired with the visual, it becomes the most heart-tugging composition (and film) of my lifetime.

Oh God, I'm welling up a little now just thinking of it.

I'm buying the DVD as a Christmas gift for me probably in a month. Can't afford to buy it and don't have the time to watch it.

I could say the exact same about LOTR and AI. :P However, mostly the emotional scenes in LOTR aren't scored that emotionally and the emotional scenes of AI are moving without the film.

LOL i love that phrase. i don't know if you're referring to Coffee Talk (the Mike Mysers SNL skit) or if you just happened to say that. either way, cheers to to you Ray for saying that! beerchug

oh and i'm the exact same way about that line doing me in, but by that point i'm already off the emotional deep end. that only makes me moreso.

Ted, getting nostaligic about the older SNL episodes that i used to love

Yes, Ted I was referring to Coffe Talk with Linda Richman. Hilarious! LOL

And like you, I'm already teary by "I'll be right here," it's just that line that tops it off and makes the water flow. :cry:

Oh man, getting veclemped again . . . I'll give you a topic to discuss amongst yourselves: E.T. the Extra Terrestrial was neither Extra nor Terrestrial. Discuss!

Ray Barnsbury

Oh man, getting veclemped again . . . I'll give you a topic to discuss amongst yourselves: E.T. the Extra Terrestrial was neither Extra nor Terrestrial.  Discuss!

Ray Barnsbury

:biglaugh::):biglaugh: LOL :lol2:

beerchug :)bowdown

Ted, bowdown

Gertie: I don't like his feet

Linda: Oh come on Gertie, there like Butta.

Gertie:  I don't like his feet

Linda:  Oh come on Gertie, there like Butta.

:)

Ted, who seems to be laughing a lot at people's posts in this thread and is overwhelmed by the amount of creativity on this Board :)

Ray, you're funny. That reminds me about my favorite "Coffee Talk" line:

"The Prince of Tides" was neither about princes nor tides. Discuss.

:mrgreen:

Jeff -- who longs for the days when Mike Meyers was funny

Gertie: I don't like his feet  

Linda: Oh come on Gertie, there like Butta.

LOL

Ray, you're funny. That reminds me about my favorite "Coffee Talk" line:  

"The Prince of Tides" was neither about princes nor tides. Discuss.  

That's a good one! Some others I remember are:

Duran Duran was neither Duran nor Duran

The Mormom Tabernacle Choir is neither Mormom, nor Tabernacle, nor Choir. But they did perform in John Williams' Call off the Champions. (OK, I added that last part)

Ray Barnsbury

Did you guys see the one where Myers, Madonna, and Rosanne Barr, were doing coffee talk, talking about Barbra Streisand? How she had legs like butta, and suddenly she walks in on them.

Lorne Michaels had gotten her to come in unannounced, and Myers, Madonna, and Rosanne had NO IDEA she was going to do this walk on.

Like the pros they are, they stayed in character and finished the set.

But you could see the genuine reaction to this event. Live tv at its best.

Morn, we are talking about Coffee talk, with Linda Richman.

it was a skit on Saturday Night Live, with Mike Myers as Linda.

Joe, anticipating a puzzled response from Morn.

Did you guys see the one where Myers, Madonna, and Rosanne Barr, were doing coffee talk, talking about Barbra Streisand?  How she had legs like butta, and suddenly she walks in on them.

Lorne Michaels had gotten her to come in unannounced, and Myers, Madonna, and Rosanne had NO IDEA she was going to do this walk on.

Like the pros they are, they stayed in character and finished the set.

But you could see the genuine reaction to this event.  Live tv at its best.

I have seen that, but I had NO idea it was a surprise to them! That's hilarious, I want to see it again now!!!

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah, I knew right off that none of them knew. If they knew, they would have been looking offstage or prepping some big line. That was one of my favorite SNL moments. That and Bill Murray singing "Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars!"

LOL