Use of William's theme in Commercial

(Napoleons Ghoest)

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while, just wanted to give you this.

http://www.gop.com/flash/bushsavestheday.html

Sorry for the political context, so any people who don't like the Republicans might not want to go here, but for everybody else, you might be interested.

Again, no offense meant, if Ricard thinks this shouldn't be on here, go ahead and delete it. I don't want a big argument.

Anyway, hello again!

The Ghoest- Who's trying not to make this a political post.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ghoest- Who's trying not to make this a political post.

I'm not that sure.

I can't see any more reasons for it, because you can hear SUPERMAN's March in many commercials, sites, TV shows, etc.

What does this one Napoleon showed us have different from others? Controversy.

This is brand new, and if I see a William's mention, I try to post it. I suppose I knew though that it would be quickly clouded. Oh well.

The Ghoest-

To clarify:

I seem to have missed a slight tweaking of the rules. You used to be able to point out something political or religous if it had William's music. I used to post anything I saw that had William's music on it (examples: JFK at 9/11 memorial, Patriot theme at NBA All-star game). The new change seems to be that no religous or political themes are permissible, which I missed. If the Democratic ad that preceded this one had William's music, I would have posted that, with it's accompanying warning (People who don't like Democrats, don't read). In fact, I would have posted a Milosevic ad if it had Vader's theme in it. So chalk this one up to my misunderstanding of the new rule, and I will try to be more careful next time.

The Ghoest-

Napoleon your intentions were good (I never thought I would ever say this sentence). But I fear this is totally out place. There are many, many, MAAAANY bad things I can say about that commercial.

PM me if you should want to know them.

-ROSS, expecting Ricard to take action on this ASAP. But still thinks Napoleon meant no harm.

Ghoest, your intentions were great and I condone your action about putting the ad on the website.

Everyone who made a comment regarding the contents of the post, shame on you. You are the one's who made this post political.

~Conor

To clarify:

I seem to have missed a slight tweaking of the rules.  You used to be able to point out something political or religous if it had William's music.  I used to post anything I saw that had William's music on it (examples: JFK at 9/11 memorial, Patriot theme at NBA All-star game).  The new change seems to be that no religous or political themes are permissible, which I missed.  If the Democratic ad that preceded this one had William's music, I would have posted that, with it's accompanying warning (People who don't like Democrats, don't read).  In fact, I would have posted a Milosevic ad if it had Vader's theme in it.   So chalk this one up to my misunderstanding of the new rule, and I will try to be more careful next time.

The Ghoest-

The rules haven't changed in that respect. Your post is perfectly acceptable here. Political discussion is not.