Which are the Top 5 John Williams Deluxe Scores to own?

Josh500

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What qualifies as a John Williams Deluxe Score? A complete score that got the royal treatment in its release? In that case, I only have four: the 1997 Special Editions of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, as well as the 2-disc Superman soundtrack. So those are my top five, if I listen to Superman twice in a row, like I did on Tuesday.

I can't think of any other (legitimate, legal, non-bootleg) 2-disc Williams soundtracks, and if The Fury and Home Alone 2 are, I don't have them to know.

I sold all my Deluxe scores (I had 5), but I'm starting to collect them again:

Which are the best 5, IYO??

why don't you just rebuy this stuff for the lowest price in the net (which will be nowhere near the original price while still in print), whats the point of this?

are you trying to say: "I sold by five JW Delux scores (Varese, FSM?) I regret it and want to rebuy it... so thats my story, but now to you: What do you think (nothing to do with my story) are the best JW delux editions in general?"

because if you mean it that way, this post will actually make sense. But just something: How... I mean HOW on earth can you sell your 5 delux edition CDs (well mybe you could tell us which they were) when you say Deluxe I think of The Fury, Home Alone, Goodbye Mr. Chips or something The Blue Box.. why on earth do you sell this in the first place????

Whoops, sorry folks, you misunderstood me! I meant the written sheet music--the SIGNATURE EDITION DELUXE SCORES!!! I would never sell the CDs. :(

I needed money, that's why...

I'm thinking these are some of the best and most fun to read, in no particular order:

1. Chamber of Secrets

2. Summon the Heroes

3. The Phantom Menace

4. Jaws

5. The Lost World

I previously owned Raiders March, E.T. Adventures on Earth, Harry Potter, The original Star Wars, and Schindler's List, so I would like to get SEs other than those.

In fact, it just occurred to me, I still HAVE Schindler's List!! :lol:

I'd pick HOME ALONE 12: LOST IN IRAN.....Christmas time again in Chicago and another movie which sees 28 year old Kevin McAllister again board a wrong flight...this time to Tehran much to the annoyance of his elderly parents who must negotiate for his release. John Williams is gonna have fun with the christmas jingles on this one.