"Exceprts" from CE3K

Is this track on the Spielberg/Williams CD similar to the CE3K Suite found on the Boston Pops releases? By which I mean it starts with the "Let There Be Light Cue", then segues into "The Mothership", then to "Bye".

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this track on the Spielberg/Williams CD similar to the CE3K Suite found on the Boston Pops releases?  By which I mean it starts with the "Let There Be Light Cue", then segues into "The Mothership", then to "Bye".

Yes, it's the same suite, which also includes the unreleased music for the scene inside the mothership, not available on the 1998 Collector's Edition CD. Williams recorded that suite with the Pops in 1980 and 1990 (for the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration CD).

Yes, it's the same suite, which also includes the unreleased music for the scene inside the mothership, not available on the 1998 Collector's Edition CD. Williams recorded that suite with the Pops in 1980 and 1990 (for the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration CD).

Ahem, You said that in the Collaboration CD there wanst unreleased music. Well it seems there is. Now then CAN be essential.

Ahem, You said that in the Collaboration CD there wanst unreleased music. Well it seems there is. Now then CAN be essential.

Please re-read that post. You asked if there was any unreleased music in the Greatest Hits compilation. And the answer was no.

Please re-read that post. You asked if there was any unreleased music in the Greatest Hits compilation. And the answer was no.

I'll have to check, but i think I said Greatest hits-Compilations. If not, i'm sorry my idea was asking about all the compilations CDs...

banghead

OK,the Greatest Hits compilation DOES NOT contain music available on previously released c.d.'s

The Spielberg-Williams collaboration and Williams on Williams c.d's contain specially recorded concert arrangements of selected cues, suites,or medleys from past Spielberg movies,a lot of them not on the Greatest Hits c.d's.

K.M.

I also think the Spielbrg on Williams (sony) CD has a Chorus while the Philips does and - and the tempos are slightly different which makes for interesting comparison