47 members have voted

1. 1. A.I. vs. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering is there anyone here who has the actual promo CD? :)

If so, where did you get it?

Message board member "Weebo" got a hold of it somehow back in 2001 and ripped it and shared with everyone back then. Thats the only instance I know of somebody having a physical copy....

I'm wondering is there anyone here who has the actual promo CD? :)

If so, where did you get it?

Message board member "Weebo" got a hold of it somehow back in 2001 and ripped it and shared with everyone back then. Thats the only instance I know of somebody having a physical copy....

Hmmm, Weebo. Is he a member of the Academy or what? :)

I voted for A.I. as it's written for a movie, not just album presentation. It's more original and thus more interesting, which doesn't of course mean that PoA isn't original and interesting in its own way.

I just listened to "Search for the Blue Fairy." Crap, that cue is friggin' awesome.

I think every track on the A.I. album is freaking awesome... not counting the songs, of course! ;)

The songs are pretty decent actually. But yes, it is one of the few JW albums that you can listen to every cue.

Hmmm, I gotta admit, I think I've listened to the songs maybe 2 times... if that. ;)

Oh, well, you also have to re-sequence the promo. It makes no sense the way it's set up.

I think there are some outstanding cues that's not on the OS album.

But there are some underscore that's quite forgettable, as well. Like The Haircut, The Bird, etc.

But overall, yeah... this is JW at his very best.

Disagreed. All of that underscore contributes significantly to the whole. It's not like Indiana Jones where the music is pulse pounding and fun... you just have to be in a certain mood, then the music will wash over you.

Disagreed. All of that underscore contributes significantly to the whole. It's not like Indiana Jones where the music is pulse pounding and fun... you just have to be in a certain mood, then the music will wash over you.

Hmmm, I have to listen to the whole thing again, one of these days.

Whenever I listen to the Promo CD, it's always "The Arrival of David, "A Drive," "Imprinting David" and "David and the Supermecha." My favorites exclucing what's on the OS, in this order.

Absolutely. It's a very intricate score where every piece is important to the whole, even moreso than usual.

Absolutely. It's a very intricate score where every piece is important to the whole, even moreso than usual.

Even more so than with PoA?