Anyone heard Die Another Day yet?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say yet, this is my first listen.

Also, of Tomorrow Never dies i know the COMPLETE score by heart, since i spend 2 months working on the bootleg.

I have atleast see the film and listen to the CD more before I can make any sensible compariso.

DAD is a bit less techno then TWINE, i think, in case you are worrying about that. (not that I minded the techno at all)

Plenty of renditions of the James Bond Theme, and a cameo for those opening brass notes from FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

Right now i'm enjoying myself.

DAD is a bit less techno then TWINE, i think, in case you are worrying about that. (not that I minded the techno at all)

me neither. that track on the Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack with all the techno music is in my opinion a great track. i think it's a great blend of techno and orchestral with some great brass, which is nothing new for Arnold and his Bond scores.

Ted

I spend many hours a day listening to Techno music (as well as Classical, Soundtracks, etc) but I think the "techno" tracks from TWINE are pretty bad and totally ruin the scenes they are supposed to score.

But seriously now.

What do you mean by "techno"tracks?

There are no cues that are exclusively techno.

To me the techno parts of the score, as combined with the orchestra are great, certainly they blend together much more then John Barry's similar attempt (The Living Daylights).

Off course it's just a matter off taste.

Ricard, if you are a fan of latin inprired music then you might get a kick of Arnold's quasi-serious Welcome To Cuba from DAD.

Brought a smile to my face at any rate.

Stefancos- :)

What do you mean by "techno"tracks?

There are no cues that are exclusively techno.

OK: The cues where the 'techno' arrangements are more prominent.

To me the techno parts of the score, as combined with the orchestra are great, certainly they blend together much more then John Barry's similar attempt (The Living Daylights).;)

I disagree. I think that Barry's TLD is far superior to Arnold's TND or TWINE.

Ricard, if you are a fan of latin inprired music...

:)

Ricard - Who thinks that Arnold is NOT the best Bond composer, not even the second.

Looks like a great score I would like to get it but with so many other things comming out. I'm going to have to pass. :cry:

Justin -Who'll probably get the mp3's. :)

Ricard - Who thinks that Arnold is NOT the best Bond composer, not even the second.

Yeah that would be Bill Conti. ;)

Justin -Who is going to slap Ricard if he says yes. :)

John Barry need to worry about his legacy.

I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Tomorrow never Dies,Die another Day,these titles and are getting more original than ever. :)

Yeah that would be Bill Conti. ;)

Justin -Who is going to slap Ricard if he says yes. :)

Bill Conti is a GREAT composer. That's all I'm going yo say.

Having just bought the TND score (I only had the original release), I must say I was pleasantly surprised by it. I actually liked it a lot! I'm hoping this new one is similar.

I still can't stand TWINE, though. Too much noise, not enough music, I say.

As for Barry's legacy, there's nothing to worry about. John Barry was, is and will continue to be the best Bond composer--PERIOD!!! IMO, the best scored Bond sequence still is the attack on Fort Knox, form Goldfinger.

I'm only up to track 8 yet, but i'm now 100% sure.

David Arnold is James Bond

John Barry need to worry about his legacy.

And  

DIE MONTY NORMAN...DIE!!!!

Stefancos-  :)  

:music: 09- A Touch Of Frost (DAD) David Arnold

Um...are we listening to the same soundtrack? The World Is Not Enough established the sense that Arnold had really nothing new to say; Die Another Day reaffirms it.

So there's some tepid employment of chorus. Whoop-dee-doo. It doesn't save the soundtrack from mediocrity.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return to my far more worthwhile purchases of Far From Heaven, Spirited Away, and Frida.

It's out!!!??!?!?! Must search...

Both of Arnold's Bond's scores ROCK!! Especially TND. But TWINE is pretty good too. I'll have to agree with Stefancos on this...Arnold is the new Bond boy!

Jamesyboy - who is now frantically searching...

I'm still to listen to any James Bond score, although I'm a bit curious to give a try to Arnold's JB scores.

You must listen to the Barry scores first (preferably in chronological order) :)

First of all, you can't compare the two, and without Barry, you wouldn't have the sound and flavor that Arnold is using now. It all stems from Barry. However, I definitely agree that Arnold is todays Bond composer and they completely hit it spot on by hiring him for the job. He kicks ass with these scores. No offense to Bill Conti but IMHO his carreer ended with Dynasty.... I mean, I thought his Bond was a mess and so was what he composed for that film with Rene Russo and Pierce Brosnan. The name escapes me. Good film, fantastic outfit changes for Russo, incredible body on her, bad bad music!!! I mean what was with the Riverdance stuff??????????

I thought his Bond was a mess and so was what he composed for that film with Rene Russo and Pierce Brosnan.  The name escapes me.  Good film, fantastic outfit changes for Russo, incredible body on her, bad bad music!!!  I mean what was with the Riverdance stuff??????????

The Thomas Crown Affair.

NP: Die Another Day

Neil