Sybok's Theme

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started to listen to my version, but I'm not that familiar with the movie [star Trek V, Luke] to match up the music to what's happening onscreen.

Sybok's Theme, What exactly is it?

Well it's a piece of music composed by Jerry Goldsmith to represent the character of Sybok, but that's not important right now.

I think Sybok's theme might be part of "A Busy Man" ...but that plays when they take the shuttle down to that planet in the Great Barrier. Though I think Sybok's theme plays during the opening of the film and when he takes over Paradise City.

I agree with Trent about Paradise City. When I get home, I'll take a listen (any reason to listen to Goldsmith is a good one). The "Busy Man" music should be for God, not Sybok. Absolutely fantastic use of the Klingon theme in there. Can't believe the Kunzel nixed it for the Telarc recording.

And, Mark, it's nice to see that you're in an Airplane state of mine.

I always thought the "Sybok Theme" was the four note motif you hear synthesized at the beginning of Without Help and 00:17 into Open the Gates. The first theme heard in A Busy Man has kind of become a "Captain's Theme" since JG also used it to represent Picard in the TNG movies. The second theme in that cue is the "God Theme."

I always thought the "Sybok Theme" was the four note motif you hear synthesized at the beginning of Without Help and 00:17 into Open the Gates. The first theme heard in A Busy Man has kind of become a "Captain's Theme" since JG also used it to represent Picard in the TNG movies. The second theme in that cue is the "God Theme."

It's the action motif he described above.