The John Williams TV Guide

Inspired by this thread, I thought it might be a nice idea to make a thread where we can post upcoming airings of John Williams-scored or other Williams-related TV (or radio) airings. So, have you spotted an upcoming Williams film in your TV guide? Let everyone know here!

For example, German viewers might want to tune in to ARD tonight at 23:30 for Spielberg's Munich. Be ready for a late night though - it's not set to end until 2:40. :P

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dracula (1979)

Channel: AMC

July 25 (Saturday) @ 12:15 AM EDT

My Gun is Quick (1957) [original music by Marlin Skiles, Alexander Courage (uncredited), and John Williams (uncredited), according to IMDB]

Channel: Encore Mystery

July 27 (Monday) @ 12:10 PM EDT

And on the Retro Television Network (RTV) in the US:

Bachelor Father [TV series] (17 episodes scored by Williams)

Monday through Friday @ 7:30 AM EDT (national feed)

Check your local listings (schedule may vary station-to-station; for example, on my local affiliate, it shows @ 11:00 AM EDT, not 7:30 AM)

Wagon Train [TV series] (2 episodes scored by Williams)

Sunday @ 12:00 PM EDT (national feed)

Check your local listings (schedule may vary station-to-station; for example, on my local affiliate, it also shows on Saturday @ 12:00 PM EDT)

• 2 weeks later...

I caught some of Dracula last night since it was supposedly in HD. However it looked like crap with tons of ghosting and I just couldn't stand it. I still maintain this is not as bad as it's generally considered. Langella is awesome and so is the music. There's also some pretty kick ass cinematography going on in this one. The scene where Dracula crawls down the side of the building is one of the coolest moments ever in a movie I've seen and the cave/crypt scene with the vampire zombie Mina freaked the crap out of me when I was younger. I've read that when the movie was first released it was actually in color as opposed to the ugly de-colorized version I've seen where everyone looks undead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...