Any percussionists here?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......I'm quite a drummer myself.....I think that counts a little

I only use the term percussionist because I don't like to limit it to only "drummers" if you know what I mean :mrgreen:

And I'm sorry to disappoint you PetePan, but that is not tinkerbell...Ren might know who it is though :wink2:.

Anyway, I'm really glad to see some responses...How did you guys like the article?

Cathy, who finds hope in the fact that she now has 30 years to perfect her skill before she has to audition! But is 30 years enough?? :)

I've been playing drums for 2 years. I'm still learning a lot but I'm pretty good. I played Quad Toms in marching band this year, and it kicked ass!

Mlletsycho, I'm from near Philly too, around Delaware County. You play in the orchestra? That's awesome!

I was just kidding about the Philadelphia Orchestra (wishful thinking :) ); i do play in my school's orchestra if that's what you meant...but did everyone see the link? that's what inspired me to start this topic...i just thought it was neat to see how the composers/directors interact with the percussionists, what part they all play...of course i was especially interested because it focuses on the percussionists :mrgreen:

oh and yes, The Little Prince, how i love that book!

I was a percussionist in high school (Dickinson). I played in the pit during marching season, and was the main xylophone man. I also played an array of instruments including timpani, concert bass drum, and chimes. To be quite honest, I was awesome.

I'm now on the cymbal line in the University of Houston Marching Band.

I'm thinking about trying out for a DCI drum corp for the 2004 season. Anyone hear know about Drum Corp International? If not, check it out - it's awesome!

Very familiar with DCI.

If you haven't seen it or heard of it..check out 'Blast'. I saw this show Tuesday night here is San Diego and it was....simply put..amazing. A drummers/percussionist/ brass players dream.

This show is basically a glorified, productionised version of Marching band. ...and let me tell you, the snare solos these guys did! WOW! Their left hands were in-human!

Every percussionist MUST see this show

Jamesyboy - who was even more amazed that no one in the entire cast was over 30!

I was a percussionist in high school (Dickinson).  I played in the pit during marching season, and was the main xylophone man.  I also played an array of instruments including timpani, concert bass drum, and chimes.  To be quite honest, I was awesome.

Same here! Though, I was, of course, the main xylophone girl at LF. The mallets are the best! But I don't want to sound biased cause I loved playing everything else too.