Banjo-Kazooie - The Music

MattyO

I just thought I'd share this with you guys. One of my favourite N64 games was Banjo-Kazooie and back in the day I really enjoyed the music, even though it was in MIDI format. Anyway, last year Rare released Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts on Xbox 360, which was from what I've heard not a great game (I haven't had a chance to check it out yet). Interestingly, a soundtrack was released, composed by the original Banjo composer and 2 other well-known videogame composers (as far as I can tell). Now, I don't usually get into videogame scores, but this one is great fun. It's a fully-orchestrated extrapolation of the original game score and the sequel score (Banjo-Tooie), with new ideas for the new worlds in Nuts & Bolts. It reminds me of Michael Giacchino's work for Pixar and I really love it, especially the Banjoland suite, comprising the main motifs from the two original games in fully-orchestrated glory. I just thought I'd share this in case anyone else is interested. Check out the links below to hear some of the score.

Banjoland

Grunty's Final Challenge

Let me know what you think!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gruntilda music always reminded me of Danny Elfman, especially in the last battle of the first game.

People who enjoy this music may also enjoy the Donkey Kong 64 soundtrack.

EDIT: Forgot my link.

And some variations on Grunty's theme.

The composers are Grant Kirkhope and Robin Beanland for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Great to get Kirkhope back!