Harry Manfredini - Friday The 13th I-VI Box Set (La-La Land Jan 13th 2012)

Jay

MV posted the box cover art on their facebook page:

37876410150533775948755.jpg

Source:

836300bf33a08c4f2947059fe2251998

In other news, you can pre-order signed copies from darkdel, or go to dark del's physical store on Saturday January 14th and get it signed in person

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=85285

http://www.darkdel.com/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered from Dark Del.

I'm honestly on the fence about the autograph. In some ways, I don't like the pristine condition of the box compromised, even with a signature. But I wanted to secure myself a copy and not have to worry about ordering day.

Same here, I've been waiting for these scores for many years, it always seemed a great shame to me that none of them was actually never officially released! So I'm definitely ordering this immediately on the 13th. Can't wait!

P. S.: We don't yet have any tracklists, do we? :blink: Are they even posting them before 1/13/12?

La-la Land almost never gives the tracklists out ahead of time. We find out when they go up for order - or more specifically, in the email they send out the night before they go up for order.

The price has been revealed to be $70, and there will be a screening of the 1st and 6th movie in LA on Friday Jan 13th with a Q&A featuring Manfredini and a bunch of the actors from the films!

32998110150537595588755.jpg

UPDATE:

FRIDAY THE 13th DOUBLE-FEATURE COMES TO THE VISTA THEATER CELEBRATING THE RELEASE OF FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 1 – VI, A LIMITED EDITION 6-DISC CD BOX SET

LOS ANGELES (December 16, 2011) - Stay up late with Jason Voorhees, if you dare, for a rare 35mm double-feature of Friday the 13th (1980) and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) on Friday, January 13, 2012 at the historic Vista Theater in Los Angeles.

The evening will be hosted by La-La Land Records, Creature Features and ShockTillYouDrop.com, in celebration of the premiere soundtrack release of Friday the 13th Parts I-VI, A Limited Edition 6-CD Box Set, featuring composer Harry Manfredini’s acclaimed, never-before-officially-released Friday the 13th scores.

Between the films, a Q&A panel will be hosted by ShockTillYouDrop.com managing editor Ryan Turek. Special guests will include Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th Part 2’s Adrienne King, composer Harry Manfredini, and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives actors Thom Mathews, David Kagen, Darcy DeMoss, Vinnie Guastaferro and Nancy McLoughlin. More guests to be announced!

The event will serve as the release party for the Friday the 13th Parts I-VI box set, available in a limited edition of 1300 units. The box set includes 6 CDs and a 40-page book, and will be available for $70. (CASH ONLY, sales tax included). The box set will also be sold at www.lalalandrecords.com starting Jan. 13, 2012.

Special event-only merchandise, created for this screening, will also be on hand!

Tickets available exclusively at www.creaturefeatures.com!

WHERE: The Vista Theater, 4473 Sunset Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027

WHEN: Friday, January 13, 2012 @ 9:30pm

TICKETS: $15 EACH - AVAILABLE NOW AT www.CreatureFeatures.com

Question is, with this & the Dark Delicacies signing, will LalaLand actually have any left to sell online? :)

Which is EXACTLY why I ordered from Dark Delicacies. I usually order directly from the company putting out the release, but Dark Delicacies seems pretty awesome so I have no worries.

Yep, same here. Securing a copy from Dark Delicacies was an absolute no-brainer, because it won't only be the soundtrack collectors bum rushing LLL website on the 13th, but the rabid F13th fanbase as well.

Last time LaLa combined an event with DarkDel or Creature Features, they themselves didn't offer signed copies on their site. But MV can update us on whether he intends to.

DarkDel are known for their autograph events, so it will be really interesting to see who else they have sign the set.

For those who haven't ordered from DarkDel before, you won't have any problems. And I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can confirm that. And you'll miss the rush on release day other people are mentioning. It's a win/win.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1 pm -- On our website, as well as on other fine online Soundtrack stores, we will start selling the box set. The first 100 purchased directly through the La-La Land site will be signed by Mr. Manfredini at no extra charge.

We will also have them available that night at our screening. Whether the guest want to sign the sets then is up to them.

The following day, Dark Delicacies is having a signing event (and are now taking pre-orders). Mr. Manfredini will be in attendance that day along with other guests. As to who they are, I do not know. While we will be supplying them with box sets (250 units), this event is soley hosted by them.

MV

• 3 weeks later...
FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 1 - 6 BOX SET

MUSIC BY HARRY MANFREDINI

LLLCD 1183

LIMITED EDITION OF 1300 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $69.98

PRODUCED BY HARRY MANFREDINI, NEIL S. BULK and MV GERHARD

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON at DIGITAL OUTLAND TACOMA, WA

LINER NOTES BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE

ART DIRECTION BY DAVID C. FEIN

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with Paramount Pictures, Sony ATV Publishing and Harry Manfredini, are proud to announce the WORLD PREMIERE release Box Set of one of Cinema's greatest horror franchise: FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 1 -6. This comprehensive box set showcases some of the most chilling, daring and skillfully orchestrated film music ever composed for the genre. The remastered scores for the first six FRIDAY THE 13TH films will be presented within – featuring more than 5 full hours of music, much of it previously not available in any official format and most of it exclusive to this special release. Also included - an exclusive 40-Page booklet that drags you deeper into the music of Camp Crystal Lake and the composer that empowered the unstoppable horror that dwells there, Jason Voorhees. Both the booklet and the six CDs will be housed in a frightfully attractive hard-cover slipcase.

Elements once thought lost were located at Paramount Pictures and at the composer's home. Parts 1 -5 were pulled from Paramount's original music stems, assembled by Neil S Bulk and mastered by James Nelson under composer Harry Manfredini's supervision. Part 6 will sound the best of all. Luckily the original tapes were still in the composer's possession. He and James Nelson remixed and mastered directly from the his original source.

For those of you wondering about Parts 3 and 4, we decided the best representation of these scores is to include ALL the music featured in both films, including those cues recycled from Parts 1 and 2. The original music editor did such a great job stitching together all these tiny cues into longer cues that he created an entirely NEW score for these films.

Hats off to Neil S. Bulk for specializing in the minutia of editing and James Nelson for finding the right balance to make all this madness sound sane.

SPECIAL NOTE: Of the 6 films, Part 5 sounds the worst. It's not bad, but it doesn't have the same punch as the other 5 do.

That being said, this is the definitive release of Jason Vorhees...one not to missed by his fans. The in depth liner notes by horror fan and film score composer/teacher Brian Satterwhite takes you deep inside the creative process of composer Harry Manfredini and the history of this killer franchise. David C. Fein's stunning art direction tops it all off. He made the impossible possible -- he took something like Friday the 13th and made it look Cool AND Classy! It's truly a handsome package.

This item goes on sale FRIDAY JANUARY 13th, 2012 at 1 pm pst at

www.lalalandrecords.com

as well as other fine online Soundtrack Stores.

See ya next week!

MV

41403110150583012618755.jpg

THIS JUST IN!

If you plan on attending the screening event for Friday the 13th Parts 1 and 6 next Friday evening you may purchase the NEW box set for only $60.00...that's a savings of $10!

Jason looks forward to seeing you next Friday night.

MV

I'm pretty stoked for this. I have the autographed version on order from Dark Delicacies. I may order another one, as I'm not sure I'll like the signature on the box, or if it'll mess up the look of the set.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASE: Fri, 1pm (PST) JAN 13, 2012

Available for order at

www.lalalandrecords.com

Fri, 1pm (PST), JAN 13, 2012

“FRIDAY THE 13TH: PARTS I-VI: LIMITED EDITION (6-CD BOX SET)”

Music by Harry Manfredini

Limited Edition of 1300 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $69.98

STARTS SHIPPING JAN 13

www.lalalandrecords.com and get your copy autographed by composer Harry Manfredini at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

STARTS SHIPPING JAN. 13

RETAIL PRICE $69.98

F13-Cover-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records presents FRIDAY THE 13TH: PARTS I-VI: LIMITED EDITION, a 6-CD BOX SET of acclaimed composer Harry Manfredini’s (HOUSE I-IV, SWAMP THING, JASON X, DEEPSTAR SIX) original scores to the Paramount Pictures iconic feature films FRIDAY THE 13TH: PARTS I-VI. This comprehensive box set showcases some of the most chilling, daring and skillfully orchestrated film music ever composed for the genre. The remastered scores for the first six FRIDAY THE 13TH films are presented here – featuring more than 5 full hours of music, much of it previously not available in any official format and most of it exclusive to this special release. Also included – a 40-Page booklet, packed with exclusive liner notes by film music writer Brian Satterwhite that drag you deeper into the music of Camp Crystal Lake and the composer who empowered the unstoppable horror that dwells there, Jason Voorhees. Both the booklet and the six CDs are housed in a frightfully attractive hard-cover slipcase. This is a limited edition of 1300 units.

Produced by Harry Manfredini, Neil S. Bulk, and MV Gerhard and mastered by James Nelson, the music from the original, first six FRIDAY films is finally here for fright fans and film music enthusiasts alike!

ABOUT THIS RELEASE: Elements once thought lost were located at Paramount Pictures and at the composer's home. Parts 1-5 were pulled from Paramount's original music stems, assembled by Neil S. Bulk and mastered by James Nelson under composer Harry Manfredini's supervision. Part 6 will sound the best of all. Luckily, those original tapes were still in the composer's possession. He and James Nelson remixed and mastered directly from his original source.

For those of you wondering about Parts 3 and 4, we decided the best representation of these scores is to include ALL the score featured in both films, including those cues recycled from Parts 1 and 2. The original music editor did such a great job stitching together all these tiny cues into longer cues that he essentially created an entirely NEW score for these films.

TRACK LISTING:

FRIDAY THE 13TH

1. Overlay of Evil / Main Title (3:33)

2. Banjo Travelin’ (1:12)

3. Alice Goes to the Lake (Parts 1 and 2) (0:36)

4. Back Up to Annie Alone (1:34)

5. Mrs. V Watches (1:09)

6. Ralph in the Pantry (1:30)

7. Don’t Smoke in Bed (1:02)

8. Not Tonight, I’ve Got a Headache (2:52)

9. Brenda in Lights (4:33)

10. The Bed Axe (1:58)

11. Alice Runs to Cabin (5:04)

12. Mrs. V Comes Clean (5:57)

13. Alice Runs to Light (2:09)

14. The Last Fight / The Chop to the End (1:26)

15. The Boat on the Water - Closing Theme 1 / Jason in the Lake* (2:26)

16. Closing Theme (2:42)

Bonus Cue

17. Sail Away Tiny Sparrow (2:42) (Music and Lyrics By Harry Manfredini and John R. Briggs)

* - Contains Music from “Sail Away Tiny Sparrow”

DISC ONE RUNNING TIME: 43:54

FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART 2

1. Flashback (5:33)

2. Alice Hangs Up (1:59)

3. Keep a Cool Head (aka Main Title) (2:11)

4. Prowler (2:01)

5. Ralph Gets Cursed (1:37)

6. Terry Looks for Muffin (0:53)

7. Jeff and Sandy are Watched (0:54)

8. The Chase / Sheriff Visits Villa Jason (2:52)

9. Terry in Lake / Dolly In, Scott Out (2:32)

10. Vickie is Watched / Jason at Door (2;31)

11. Vickie Goes Up (0:47)

12. Jason and Paul Meet (1:24)

13. Ragtop and Running Ragged (3:53)

14. Ginny Under the Bed (3:59)

15. Ginny Visits Villa Jason (5:32)

16. Who’s at the Door (1:58)

17. Return to Chez Jason / Titles (2:26)

DISC TWO RUNNING TIME: 43:02

FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART 3

1. Part 2 Flashback* (4:21)

2. Theme from Friday the 13TH Part 3 (4:28) (Written By Harry Manfredini and Michael Zager)

3. The General Store* (1:36)

4. The Meat Cleaver* (2:59)

5. Arriving at the Barn / Fake Axe* (1:32)

6. Let’s Go for a Swim* (0:51)

7. Who’s Up There?* (1:55)

8. In the Barn* (1:50)

9. The Pipe Wrench* (0:42)

10. In the Bedroom* (1:21)

11. Flashback to Meeting Jason* (1:23)

12. Chuck Walks to Outhouse* (1:32)

13. The Lake Dock* (1:27)

14. Shelly Goes to The Barn* (1:17)

15. Wallet in the Lake* (1:09)

16. Debbie Takes a Shower* (0:44)

17. Walking On Hands* (1:10)

18. The Fuse Box* (3:35)

19. Chili Bites the Big One (0:49)

20. Nobody Home (0:33)

21. The Eyes Have It (2:32)

22. Jason Down Stairs to Barn (7:11)

23. Jason Hung (3:34)

24. Jason Grabs Rope (2:05)

25. Hallucinating** (1:16)

26. Jason Dead in Barn / End Credit Title (3:39)

* - Comprised of Music from Parts 1 and 2

** - Partially Comprised of Music from Parts 1 and 2

DISC THREE RUNNING TIME: 55:31

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER:

1. What Boy, Ma’am? / Main Titles (4:43)

2. Helicopter (3:41)

3. The Morgue* (1:40)

4. Hacksaw to Throat* (1:09)

5. Squeezing the Banana* (1:29)

6. Dock Prank* (2:16)

7. Stalled Car* (0:39)

8. Tommy’s Room (0:40)

9. Midnight Skinny Dip* (2:16)

10. Paul Gets the Point* (4:01)

11. Mom Looks for Kids* (1:53)

12. Lights Out* (1:59)

13. Jimmy is Screwed* / Tina Thrown* / Ted Watches Movie* (1:36)

14. Lights! Camera! Hacktion!* (1:29)

15. You Give Me Cleaver* (1:52)

16. Trish and Rob (2:44)

17. Tommy Reads / Trish Pleads / Rob and Trish Meet Jason (7:13)

18. La Muerte De Jason (11:00)

* - Comprised of Music From Parts 1 and 2

DISC FOUR RUNNING TIME: 52:20

FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART V: A NEW BEGINNING:

1. Graveyard (4:58)

2. Main Titles (2:12)

3. Tommy Alone (0:55)

4. Tommy Scares Reggie / Tommy Watches (0:50)

5. Vic Chops / Roy Reacts (1:31)

6. Peter in the Woods (0:47)

7. Flare (0:29)

8. Vinnie’s Front Seat / Jason in the Mirror (1:20)

9. Tommy and Mask / Lana in the Diner (0:51)

10. Billy’s Head (0:16)

11. Tommy at Window (1:17)

12. Eyes (1:31)

13. Drive to Demon’s / Tommy Meets Jr / Anita and Demon (4:31)

14. Junior’s Head / Jake’s Head (0:50)

15. Robin Covers Reggie (1:31)

16. Robin and Jake (0:31)

17. Bodies (0:53)

18. Pam and Reggie Meet Jason (6:33)

19. Reggie is Caught / Pam Attacks (4:12)

20. Pam and Jason (1:07)

21. Tommy’s Dream (2:23)

22. Jason’s Final Visit (1:11)

23. The Window / Tommy at Door / End Titles (3:23)

Bonus Tracks:

24. Heavy Metal** (3:25)

25. Punk Funk** (1:03)

** - Written By Harry Manfredini, John Cariddi

(BMI) and Ron Delseni (ASCAP)

DISC FIVE RUNNING TIME: 48:30

FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART VI: JASON LIVES:

1. The Cemetery / Coffins and Maggots and Worms -- Oh My! (5:53)

2. Here We Go Again (Opening Titles) (4:23)

3. He Only Takes Visa (3:00)

4. The Caretaker*** (1:20)

5. The Survivalists (7:06)

6. Marty, Kathleen, Steve, Annette, and Who Else? (1:22)

7. Let’s Play “Camp Blood” (1:01)

8. He Was Everywhere, Like TV (1:14)

9. Cort and Nikki Check Wire*** (3:45)

10. Megan Balances Business with Pleasure (3:08)

11. Sissy (0:49)

12. Real TV Nightmare*** (1:46)

13. Paula Feels the Tension (2:53)

14. You Drive, Hot Lips (5:43)

15. The Gang’s All Here (6:35)

16. I Wanna Hold Your Head / Jason Takes a Dip (3:50)

17. Jason Out (1:13)

18. Unused Cue (No Title) (1:08)

19. The Rescue / Finale (3:38)

*** - Contains Music Not Heard in Final Film

DISC SIX RUNNING TIME: 60:23

www.creaturefeatures.com and at the Vista Theater box office immediately before the show.

Download FRIDAY THE 13TH RINGTONES HERE: http://itunes.apple....ces/id491090622

www.lalalandrecords.com

© 2012 LA-LA LAND RECORDS, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Source: http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?Prg6--Bdk4-gkivq6

Its back up on our site right now. How long it will last is anyone's guess. I will keep you posted when we get down to the nitty gritty -- 40 or less.

MV

JASON IS BACK ON THE BOTTOM OF CAMP CRYSTAL LAKE WHERE HE BELONGS!

Friday the 13th Box Set is finally sold out. Gone for good. Muerte.

Maybe SAE, Dark Del, BSX or Movie Music still has them but we are officially out!

MV

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got it on Friday and been listening to it all weekend. The sound quality of the first score was a revelation, despite the masters being lost, so it sounds great! Parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 are average in sound quality. Manfredini's probably at his most inventive and playful with Part 6, but I love how operatic his Part 4 score it, he scored it as if it really was "the final chapter".

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got it on Friday and been listening to it all weekend. The sound quality of the first score was a revelation, despite the masters being lost, so it sounds great! Parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 are average in sound quality. Manfredini's probably at his most inventive and playful with Part 6, but I love how operatic his Part 4 score it, he scored it as if it really was "the final chapter".

My thoughts exactly. I got it on Saturday and spent most of the weekend listening to parts I and VI, great sound quality and great music. I even fooled around for a bit at my piano with intervals and chords Manfredini describes in the booklet. :D I'm very happy I managed to catch this box before it sold out. I've wanted these scores for years so for me, this is another big gap filled in my collection. :joy:

• 4 months later...

Looks like La-La Land is issuing the first disc of the box set to general retail on September 18th (so it's probably part of their July 24th batch on their website)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I66CL4/

Presenting the original motion picture score to the 1980 horror film classic Friday The 13th, starring Adrienne King, Betsy Palmer and Kevin Bacon, and directed by Sean Cunningham. Acclaimed composer Harry Manfredini fashions some of the most chilling, daring and skillfully orchestrated music ever composed for the horror genre. These are the original tracks from the film - the music that launched a horror icon, Jason Voorhees, from the depths of Crystal Lake. A must for all film music and horror fans!