Howard Shore's Cello Concerto "Mythic Gardens"

tannhauser

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies - got the dates mixed up. If you could manage a recording I'd be very grateful! I have a very deep affection for all of Shore's work, and have been excited to hear this since it was announced. Unfortunately it's not even remotely possible for me to travel halfway round the world to be there though.

I'll do my best! I don't have a handheld audio recorder, though I know someone I could borrow one from if he'll let me. I'll keep you up to date on this, but thanks for pointing it out! I hadn't realized it was being performed fairly close to me, and by people I know, no less!

If one of the moderators who runs this site has a problem with something I post, for legal reasons, I'm happy for them to remove it, but if not, I'll thank you to keep your views to yourself. I've seen a few of your posts and it seems your only reason for joining this forum is to judge people, tell them what to do and what they should or shouldn't be watching or listening to. Please bear in mind this is a forum for fans to discuss film music and films/shows. Thanks.

If one of the moderators who runs this site has a problem with something I post, for legal reasons, I'm happy for them to remove it, but if not, I'll thank you to keep your views to yourself. I've seen a few of your posts and it seems your only reason for joining this forum is to judge people, tell them what to do and what they should or shouldn't be watching or listening to. Please bear in mind this is a forum for fans to discuss film music and films/shows. Thanks.

*Gives a standing ovation*

Oh yeah, right. A lot of jail cells will be filled from people uploading illegal amateur videos of John Williams in concert at the Hollywood Bowl or at Tanglewood.

I am sure this will be a great piece and with luck we might get an official recording some time in the future since Shore seems very keen on releasing his music.

The troll has been banned

Good form!

I am sure this will be a great piece and with luck we might get an official recording some time in the future since Shore seems very keen on releasing his music.

I agree, he seems very keen in interviews etc., but unfortunately we don't seem to be getting results. The Fly premiered 4 years ago, and apparantly a release was "in the works" but still no news. Where's Ruin and Memory, the piano concerto? What about his work for choir and organ "Peace", his String Septet, and the Fanfare for organ and brass? I thought with Howe Records the process would be much speedier, but these things still seem to take a lot of time. Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

The troll has been banned

Good form!

I agree, he seems very keen in interviews etc., but unfortunately we don't seem to be getting results. The Fly premiered 4 years ago, and apparantly a release was "in the works" but still no news. Where's Ruin and Memory, the piano concerto? What about his work for choir and organ "Peace", his String Septet, and the Fanfare for organ and brass? I thought with Howe Records the process would be much speedier, but these things still seem to take a lot of time. Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

Well perhaps Shore found out that the process is not as speedy or financially viable even with your own label. But I would counsel patience. I am sure those pieces will come out eventually. Not perhaps at this instant but in the future, I hope. :)

Well, regretfully, I won't be going to this. I can't justify the expense of the travel right now, I would have to get a hotel and all because it's just far enough away that it would be senseless to drive home tonight from it. I'm sorry!

So when will be getting to hear this piece. A shame that Joe can't make it. Anyone else going to this thing? We need a recording dammit!