'The Witches of Eastwick' (Expanded)

romantico

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere on FSM (this is pretty much hearsay, I don't have a link), MV put up a list of titles they inquired about but couldn't get. Eastwick was one of them, if I remember correctly.

Collector's Choice might still have the rights, they put out a CD a while back. And it may not be a winning proposition to expand it seeing as there's an isolated score track available.

Well there we go, haha.

Not to get off topic, but looking over that list again I see North By Northwest. I hope that means we're getting it sometime in the near future (maybe an FSM project?).

I'd say the OST is pretty satisfactory. Yeah, you could always use an expansion, but, similarly to Empire of the Sun, JKF, Far and Away or Jurassic Park, the album does its score justice for the most part. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Karol

Well, I'm glad I read that list because I would have eventually started a thread regarding at least a few of those titles (SUPERMAN RETURNS, HARRY POTTER,CONTACT) That list was from last year. I wonder if any progress has been made since then?

Is there more than one original release? I have the original release and the sound is very different from the bootleg (somebody said it's a DVD isolated track). The sound of the bootleg is more natural, BTW.

Alex

Is there more than one original release? I have the original release and the sound is very different from the bootleg (somebody said it's a DVD isolated track). The sound of the bootleg is more natural, BTW.

Alex

There is the reissue of the OST album from Collector's Choice label from 2006 but I don't know if the sound quality is the same as on the original release. As far as I can tell the footwarmer utilizes the OST for most part, only resorting to the DVD isolated track when the music is not found on the album. All in all only about 15 minutes of music is missing, perhaps 20 if you count the source material and a few unused (I do not know if they were ever recorded) pieces.

Well there we go, haha.

Not to get off topic, but looking over that list again I see North By Northwest. I hope that means we're getting it sometime in the near future (maybe an FSM project?).

Isn't there a Rhino Records release of the complete original score of North by Northwest already? And didn't Varese release it recently as a re-recording (although a limited one with fewer and 100 copies remaining at the moment)?

As far as I can tell the footwarmer utilizes the OST for most part, only resorting to the DVD isolated track when the music is not found on the album.

The sound is too different for that. If they used the isolated track, then chances are that's where most if not all the music comes from.

As far as I can tell the footwarmer utilizes the OST for most part, only resorting to the DVD isolated track when the music is not found on the album.

The sound is too different for that. If they used the isolated track, then chances are that's where most if not all the music comes from.

Well the footwarmer retains most of the OST edits of tracks, which means the tracks combined on the OST are not separated on the boot, which is odd if they only used the isolated score.

I very much doubt that one was taken from the isolated score.. I seem to remember reading it has some noticible differences. And yes it sounds very good.

It sounds good but some of the unreleased music has some sound fluctuations (Insane Felicia etc.). On the whole it still sounds very good.

I very much doubt that one was taken from the isolated score.. I seem to remember reading it has some noticible differences. And yes it sounds very good.

To be honest, I doubt it too. The digital brittleness of the OST is gone, it breathes, the music sounds more like it's recorded in a room or hall.

The boot is clean, and is presented in (mostly) chronological order. It retains "The Ballroom Scene" (what d**khead decided to replace it with "Turandot"?), and it has both film and cd versions of "The Destruction Of Daryl", although it does not combine the two (shame).

The only non-sequential moment is the second half of "Daryl Arrives". Other than that, it's worth having. I prefer it to the OST.

Listening to it, my guess is that it is from the isolated score, which is available on R2 edtitions of the DVD - in 5.1, no less.