Ben Hur threesome??

Melange

i-1.JPG

Saw this while browsing Ebay UK. Surely this is a con right?

Says a "3 disc release of Ben Hur" with music not on the Rhino 2CD.

All those so called "unreleased" tracks have a * star next to them

In his index, the * represents "Acetate sources" which i guess means shit quality.

Looks like a personal bootleg Ebay con attempt to me. What do you think??.

His description is this :

Here is a unique opportunity to purchase the rare 3 CD version of Miklos Rozsa?s monumental score BEN-HUR containing over THREE HOURS of music. This is a limited edition set issued by Aldebaran in Germany in 1995 as a promotional item. It contains all of the music as heard in the film on 2 discs plus a 3rd disc of additional music containing alternate and unused tracks. INCLUDES MUSIC UNAVAILABLE FROM OTHER SOURCES AND WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE RHINO 2 DISC SET. These tracks include no less that 3 alternatives versions for the end of Act 1 and alternative Intermission music. See below for a complete listing of all tracks. The music is genuine stereo except those tracks listed as being from acetate sources. This particular set was supplied as an advance review copy and the cover therefore differs from that which was finally issued and therefore is one-of-a-kind. As a review copy the insert booklet with notes and lists of all tracks was not included but I have included this as a color facsimile, as shown in the illustration. Be assured however that this is a genuine pressing and not a CD-R. This is BEN-HUR in as complete a version as possible and will delight all those who love Rozsa?s music. Track listings and timings are as follows:

If a member thinks its genuine and decide to jump at it, then i'll split the cost with ya for a copy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...27543&category=

Melange - Just being carefull here, as he knows "Rare edition" cons are common on Ebay.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I remember reading about this before the Rhino release. I guess that it may even be pressed cd's, not cd-r's -- at least on the original format...

And I also think that this is an un-officila release (i.e. a bootleg).

• 2 weeks later...

It's a mistake on my part, i was thinking of this thread and wrote Spartacus, when i meant Ben Hur. So, to sum it up.

I have: Ben Hur 3CD

I DO NOT HAVE: Spartacus 3CD (It exists though)

:mrgreen:

Oh Stefancos, you just gealous, you want a copy. 8O

• 1 month later...