When did JWFAN become the JRRTFan site?

JoeinAR

I see. Seeing how wildly popular the Lincoln thread is, I can clearly take you serious.

When discussion about Lincoln is already slow on a JW fanboard, its significance is clearly illustrated.

Some grumbling by a bitter fanboy doesn't change that.

Lincoln doesn't interest many of Europeans, but that's expected. It's made much more money that either Tintin or War Horse did, and after Thursday Oscar announcements it will be well on it's way to surpassing the combinded total of both films here at home.

No comments here in the JWFan?

So, your saying, the reason we are not talking about Lincoln, is because we have Tolkein threads?

so posts make the threads, and the threads make the posters?

All I'm saying that I'm surprised and sad that there are so little talk about JW in this forum. And even

if there was, you couldn't find them because of so many tolkien etc. threads.

And I'm still annoyed of the word "fanboy". Could it be filtered? Jason?

you couldn't find them because of so many tolkien etc. threads.

Ahem:

film music, movies, television, other music...

I dunno about that. I might be able to compete with him for that title.

And it's an honorable title, by the way. People who really are fanboys never really object to being identified as a such if they're passionate enough about their predilections to have earned the name—even if it's tossed at them as an epithet. If the worst you can summon against me is that I'm a Williams-lovin' Tolkien fanboy . . . hey, I'll take that all day long because I wouldn't dream of denying it.

In other words, I don't think the term needs to be filtered out of the forum. It's only a negative reference when intended as such (as is the case with just about any other term volleyed around here).

- Uni

For some reason, being called a fanboy carries the implication that one is a blind ignorant chum that does not accept and denies other people's achievements if they seem to threaten your beloved person/work.

And, gosh, isn't that an apt description for KM or Joey, who moan over Tolkien threads while not really talking about JW alot either.

It's not really the obvious putting down of anything Tolkien that irks me, it's the fact that some self-declared JW police want to dictate what people should discuss here and what not.

I honestly don't think Joey is bothered about it in that way, not like KM is. I just think he wishes the LotR stuff would hurry up and fade just so he doesn't have to sort through it anymore.

And what is that Dallas Film Critics named Lincoln score of the 2012? No comments here in the JWFan?

That cause Texan's are always right, no need to debate it. ;)

Would Tolkien have enjoyed Lincoln?

Did the Balrog have wings?

I would not know the answer to this.

Well it's a rather easy answer for me. One of the reasons this site has stayed strong is because of the varied discussions we have here

Look at some other composer sites, how dry they are at times.

Right now SS & JW are the end of their careers, or getting close. Their last 10 years have been a far cry from their amazing run they had. Tintin was dull, can't believe they are making a sequel, WH was a miss and the score didn't strike a cord. Lincoln looks to be a film that may grab some hardware come awards time but grossing $100 million these days doesn't have quite the meaning it did 20 years ago.

LOTR is popular and quite frankly a well done set of films. The music is superb and I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but has surpassed Williams and Spielberg's output these days.