LOTR TTT Dvd coming June 30th.

JoeinAR

According to the onering.net the dvd will be released as a 2 disc set, in all its glory. Then coming in Nov, just as last year a new 4 disc set will be unleashed on the public.

I know that I will all in likelyhood get the 2 disc set, but not until B&N marks it down to $3.72 sometime around a year from now.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i can't wait, i'm reading the series and i just love it

but i don't REALLY know if i want to BUY the 2 disc THEN the 4 disc,

then again i don't know if i can wait until november.

i hate that

Why wouldn't anyone bother buying the first DVD set when they know an extended edition will be out months later?

Hell, if money ain't that much to folks, I'll put up my address and accept donations.

It's a few months earlier, plus it has extras the other one doesn't have (they're not nearly as good as the later edition's ones, but still nice to have).

I'll do as I did last year. I'll get the special thingy in November and the normal release earlier. And before that, I'll watch the ;)

Marian - wondering if there's going to put something like last year's Weta Argonath with the 4-disc set again.

Marina, what about die cast (or whatever it is called)/book sleves (or whatever etc...) Two Towers?

I herad that when the movies are finished they plan to release a completier edition with more added footage.

Luke thinking that there are not purists among the LOTR movies (books purist, yes)...

4 disk set for me. I can't afford both, plus if it is anything like FOTR extended version, then it will be better than the theaterical cut.

Ugh, Marina Sirtis....and she even used to be pretty in the early TNG seasons. ;)

Mr. Vangelis, I think TTT has even more potential to improve in the extended cut than FOTR had.

Marian - liking Luke's Towers idea and wondering why it didn't enter his mind too.

Mr. Vangelis, I think TTT has even more potential to improve in the extended cut than FOTR had.

I agree with Mary Anne....oops....Marian. I have read what those scenes are going to be, and they look so great...

It's a few months earlier, plus it has extras the other one doesn't have (they're not nearly as good as the later edition's ones, but still nice to have).

Plus the film has some (bit) different shots.

I like the philosophy of these LOTR DVD releases. First, you get the theatrical cut of the film, and the making ofs. But these making-ofs are ALL COMERCIAL, as they were aired on TV, internet, etc.

Some month later, you can get the extended film, with new making-ofs this time, ALL EXCLUSIVE.

More films' DVDs should be like this.

New Matrix films promise better DVDs though....

Marina....lol

Both Marian and Marina are very common Spanish female names....hehe....