R.I.P. Ken Thorne (1924 - 2014)

DreamTheater

Shocked to just read the news on FSM of his passing.

Don't own too many by the man, but his Superman arrangements I truly enjoy, especially part II.

That FSM blue box presentation is something I will cherish for all time.

Rest in peace up there Ken, with the man of steel...

He made my list of admired composers during the early 80s for his excellent adaptations of Superman II & III. Thank you Ken, you made my life happier :)

I've always loved his score to Help!, which is think has been grossly overlooked since it exists in the shadow of the Beatles' music.

Coincidentally I got A Hard Day's Night on BD today, but I'm not sure if he had anything to do with that film.

Coincidentally I got A Hard Day's Night on BD today, but I'm not sure if he had anything to do with that film.

No, George Martin did the incidental music for AHDN.

It's a shame he's gone. I wasn't too thrilled with his contributions to Superman II and Superman III, but his heart was in the right place.

How easy would it be to follow in the footsteps of JW? I can't imagine it would kind of pressure that would put on a man. But Thorne stepped up valiantly, and did wonderful things with the (admittedly masterful) source music he had to work with. I've always been grateful to him for that. Sad to hear of his passing.

No, George Martin did the incidental music for AHDN.

Ken Thorne did the incidental music for "HELP!" (or should that be "NUJV!"?) :lol:

He did a bang-up job on "Superman II", and did he get any credit for it? Did he heck!