Harry Potter 5 covers released

diskobolus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember: you can't judge a book by its cover.  :mrgreen:

Neil

You obviously haven't seen too many VC Andrews Novels, or Anne Rice novels. It is easy to judge some books by their covers if it says VC Andrews, or Anne Rice, it means its either badly written or very badly written.

At mugglenet, you can see the UK children's version, adult version (same for UK and US), and US children's version. Out of these three, I have to say the US children's is the least interesting. The others each have a stunning phoenix, while the US children's has Harry with nothing really in the background. I'm sure it reflects the book well, and it does fit with the rest of the US covers, but even compared to them it seems bland. Maybe the back cover will have something more interesting.

Ray Barnsbury

if it says VC Andrews, or Anne Rice, it means its either badly written or very badly written.

VC Andrews is dead. Any book coming out with her name on it anymore is just a pseudonym for another author.

Neil

I don't know, i beg to differ Ray.

if you take a close look you'll see three doors, maybe this is a place that is REALLY important in the next book

JK said he'd visit somewhere new, I think it may be godric's hollow on the cover.

Well, like I said, I'm sure there's significance to the cover. It just doesn't look very impressive comparatively. And the coloring is . . . different. Not necessarily bad, but different.

Ray Barnsbury

Well, since people desided to ignore my thread in Other Topics about this and post here instead, I shall do the same.... To hell with my thread :mrgreen:

I like the UK childrens cover the best. Incredible colours and it really stands out. I'm in agreement with Ray on this.

The others each have a stunning phoenix, while the US children's has Harry with nothing really in the background.  

Ray Barnsbury

You only think that because you haven't bothered to look closely. There is a phoenix on the American cover. We fanatics at several HP boards have just found it.

i beg to differ. on mugglenet.com they show the uk us adult cover as the same.

so is there a hidden phoenix on the us childrens?

I don't know, unless he is looking at the phoenix and it's in his glasses.. If that's the case I can't see it as I refuse to go fetch a magnifying glass to see that sort of detail....

Now talking about detail, I think this book should have been titled, Harry Potter and the Order of the Sex Change.... I mean, is it only me or does everyone else see K.D. Lang on this new cover?????

Harry, you're a Lesbian...... :mrgreen:

i beg to differ.  on mugglenet.com they show the uk us adult cover as the same.

so is there a hidden phoenix on the us childrens?

that's a mistake. there is only one U.S. cover. then there's UK childrens and UK adults. the adult version isnt being sold in the U.S. directly.

and yeah there is a phoenix on the U.S. cover, and i don't mean the word.

Well forgive me, I HAVE looked closely at the cover and see no phoenix, unless it's some abstract image created by all those blue swirls. Good for you for having the talent to find it. Regardless, for better or for worse, the US cover is the least eye-catching.

Ray Barnsbury-who is just stating an opinion and has nothing against the US cover

I like the one with Harry the best. It's a real Harry Potter cover. Gotta have continuity! :)

Justin -Who still likes the others.

I don't know, unless he is looking at the phoenix and it's in his glasses.. If that's the case I can't see it as I refuse to go fetch a magnifying glass to see that sort of detail....  

Now talking about detail, I think this book should have been titled, Harry Potter and the Order of the Sex Change.... I mean, is it only me or does everyone else see K.D. Lang on this new cover?????

Harry, you're a Lesbian......  :)

Hey Wael, I always thought K.D. Lang and Data looked an awful lot alike, though Data was never as masculine looking.

I notice Hector now uses K.D. as his avatar

all i see is the word on the us cover. why don't you give us blind people the link to the site where you say they found it. :roll:

Harry Potter, Data, K.D Lang and Clay (American Idol)... They could be brothers, or sisters, or what have you :wave:

What bloody Phoenix is on the cover? Harry's hair looks like feathers, maybe that's it!

What bloody Phoenix is on the cover?  Harry's hair looks like feathers, maybe that's it!

Maybe Harry is half phoniex. :)

That must be it. ;)

Justin -Who doesn't see a bird anywhere on the cover. :wave:

OK, I see the damned thing now, the head is between 'and' and 'the'

Honestly, could she have been more cryptic about it?!

HONESTLY!!!!!!!!

OK, I see the damned thing now, the head is between 'and' and 'the'

I dunno. Either you have to watch this on some screen with ultra-high contrast (the one thing my laptop's TFT can't do), or looking at the picture long enough causes hallucinations.

Marian - who doesn't see anything but blue between "and" and "the".

LOL, this thread is getting so weird now... it's all about Hector's K.D. Lang and data and harry and phoenix halucinations and clay.... All we need now is a little Michael Jackson, a couple of kids and Diana Ross and we have a reality series that everyone will want to see....... :wave: